Looking for Company with School with the following:

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BlueThunderr, Jan 6, 2019.

1. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    After months of research and basically good to go with Jim Palmer they decided 4 days before I was supposed to go out there that they decided to go with someone else instead that was "more qualified" than me...Anyways, now my head is spinning as I am trying to get out of my house now and find a trucking job...It like I'm walking around in circles doing all this research...Maybe someone can suggest a company that offers the following:

-OTR all 48 - dry van, reefer, or tanker
    -no driver facing cam
    - regular size truck (no lightweight like Prime)
    - hopefully at least .40 cpm
    -manual training so I don't have an automatic only CDL

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You can get a full size truck with Prime; have to ask for it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com is dry van and will send you to their cdl school in Joplin, Missouri.

4. drumchaos

drumchaos Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    R.E. West in Tennessee trains with Manual Trans., runs 48 states, dry van or flatbed. No contract or commitment but would require you to pay back the $85 for the DOT physical and any sign on bonus if you leave before 6 months. Biggest downside, driver facing cameras but no biggie in my opinion if you're not doing anything stupid and starts at .36 with 4 reviews and .01 raise per review to have you at .40 cpm by the 1 year mark.

5. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    She told me that reefer drivers do not have a choice...And 99.9% of the trucks assigned are lightweight

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I wouldn't go there then. , unless you can deal with a lightweight truck. Some are comfortable in a small truck and some want the extra space.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Company-paid Tuition
    With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course. After graduation, you can do this > OGT- Las Vegas
    [​IMG]

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.