Looking for good OTR company driver jobs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by MileMaker719, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MileMaker719

MileMaker719 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok so I have 6 months experience the current company I’m at sold me a bunch of lies (3,700 miles a week, 1500$ a week, no slip seating ect..ect...) the truth is I was hired as an extra to fill in for the holidays and now I’m not even getting 1500 miles a week . They keep telling me to wait because it will pick back up but I can’t tell my landlord oh hey just wait it will pick back up and then I’ll have your rent money . I have decided this isn’t going to work for me I need consistent miles even if it means a little less money on average . With that being said I’m looking at other jobs and they all seem to have terrible reviews ?? Everyone tells me where not to go so I want to know where I should go ?? I wanna drive otr either reefer or dryvan (no flatbed ) any suggestions on companies to look into that don’t treat drivers like crap and where I can earn a decent living and provide for my family ? I run out of Colorado ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one, but it's tough; food service. Sometimes hires drivers with less than 12 mos. experience.
    Sysco - Denver - potential for $98K
    Sysco is Hiring CDL A DELIVERY TRUCK DRIVERS- $7,500 Sign-On Bonus

Sysco Denver Open House! - Walk-ins Welcome!

Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

When: Every Tuesday and Wednesday

Where: Sysco Denver - 5000 Beeler Street, Denver, CO,80238

For more information please email

$7,500 Sign-On Bonus

CJ701 and MileMaker719 Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Old Dominion Freight Line
    Class A CDL Linehaul Driver
    Click here > Apply On Company Site
    1 year previous tractor trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified and Licensed truck driving school, acceptable to Old Dominion and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion truck driver training program.
    upload_2019-1-16_20-33-10.jpeg

MileMaker719 Thanks this.
  5. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Yeah I appreciate it I have done local beverage delivery and am not looking to go back into that particular division I want to stay otr and do either dry van or reefer with the end goal of me wanting to go out on my own one day I need to start getting my experience over the road . I have looked into Schneider,prime,srt and k&b and they all look good from outside looking in but then when I do research and read reviews from drivers that work there or talk to other drivers about these companies they all say that they are doing the same thing say anything to get you in the door then you make 400or 500$ A week if your lucky once you get there ?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    McLane Company - click here for more information > Apply On Company Site
    Have 1 year or 50,000 miles of verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
    $70K-$75K Avg. Pay
    [​IMG]

CJ701 and MileMaker719 Thank this.
  7. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    I don’t need to make a fortune but I think 800-900$ a week isn’t unreasonable? And I also want to make sure that these companies have at least decent equipment I don’t want to be stuck in -10 degrees with no idle and no apu or bunk warmers you know lol ?? I’ve been looking at srt and k and b as well as Schneider do you have any info about those three and if there reputable companies where I can make a decent paycheck while getting my otr experience?? Because right now I still only have 6 months experience?? So even this old dominion jobs is asking for a year ?

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I prefer reefers OTR also. Never slows down and actually picks up for holiday seasons.
    Freymiller is one of the better reefer outfits. You're qualified for this company:
    www.drive4freymiller.com
    I haven't seen any negative posts on this company. @Ssand Man works there and can fill you in on the details.

9. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Isn’t mclane still in the labor side of trucking ? I can’t do local beverage or food delivery because I hurt myself while working for a beverage company and can’t do hard labor anymore . But I really appreciate the info and I’m definitely going to keep looking and hopefully find something soon because my last paycheck was 300 and my family spends more then that a week on Taco Bell haha jk but seriously not enough to support my family at all

10. MileMaker719

Mar 10, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Ok awesome I’ll look into them now yeah I’d like to stay otr reefer or van at the least for sure I’m to old for this hard labor stuff haha 31yrs old lol

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Stay away from SRT!! That’s all I’ve got to say on that company. I’ll let others with more recent experience chime in on the why.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.