Looking for info on Central Oregon Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jeepinjoey2001, Mar 23, 2012.

1. GR8

GR8 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Oregon
    Flat beds and tarps aren't for everyone. Good luck Rubberducky sorry it didn't workout for you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GR8

GR8 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Oregon
    Trucks are no older than 4 years. Some of the trailers are older but they maintain them well. They want to keep good CSA scores. The new trucks are being bought with the bigger sleepers now. The new drivers tend to get the older trucks but not always. Some of it's the luck of the draw or if your running 48 you may get a bigger sleeper right off. Still single bunks though. I don't use the family coverage. My wife's insurance is better for us. You'd have to ask them point blank what the family cost is this year. I know it's not cheap to insure the family but it's pretty good deal just for you. With the new healthcare laws full implementation next year who knows what will happen with insurance anyway. It's all about what works for you. You might even ask recruiting what the average pay per year is for a semi driver. I know they advertise an average of 52K for the Quads and I make right at the average working 5 days a week so I know they are trying to be as honest as possible about the pay. Some of the ads talk about the potential earnings which I can only say the math works but will depend all about what your needs are for hometime, how fast you learn to tarp(we do tarp most every load), and how hard you run. M-F you got to push hard since there are few places open weekends. The CEO is big on performance for pay not just giving a high wage to keep a driver in the seat. One thing with the pay to consider is it doesn't matter how high a rate per mile is if your sitting a day to wait for a load. We don't tend to sit much. And you have to figure in the tarp pay $30, border crossing $25, monthly safety bonus .02/mi, fuel bonus, and production bonuses( based on miles/mo.) You figure that tarp pay alone is worth 93 miles of driving at .32/mi. If you learn to tarp fast you make more per hour tarping than driving. Good luck mtnman.

4. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    I think it makes more sense to ask what drivers are taking home every week on average. What about it, rubberducky? At the end of the week, what was your take home? I've never tarped before but I watched a driver from Gardiner tarp doubles and the load had to be 10-12' high. Took him forever. That's real work. ;-) Still, beats sitting around getting fat...

5. Rubberducky84

Rubberducky84 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2013
    oc,california
    Im still running flatbed and stepdeck just not for .33 a mile and not toping out at .35 im at 41 now at start pay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.