Looking for info on Clark Transfer and Trailer Transit INC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Subzero1985, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Subzero1985

Subzero1985 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Corinth, TX
    I am an owner op with a small company out of TX right now hauling a 48' reefer. Wanting to get away form the reefer game and move on to better things. Frac hauling has crossed my mind but I think I would enjoy the kind of trucking the 2 companies in question would offer. Does anyone work for them? Know someone who does? or have any information from a driver stand point?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I believe Clark Transfer does convention type show set-ups and stage acts etc. Deliver the equipment, help set up, wait around in a hotel and tear it down and hit the next town. Trailer transit is power only, delivering trailers, maybe new , to customers, as well as carnivals or other types of operations that don't have power units. Problem with that is a lot of junk trailers and deadheading for the next load.

Subzero1985 Thanks this.
  4. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    I leased on with Clark for 4 years before I sold my truck and started playing poker full time. I loved it! You mainly haul Broadway shows like..The Lion King, Jersey Boys, etc. The main thing about this kind of work that most don't like is the tight places we sometimes have to go to and the time away from home. I talked to them last week while is was in Harrisburg and they are looking for 10 more drivers. Any more questions you have I will answer honestly.

5. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Clark does Mostly Broadway shows...driver does not help set up, or unload. If on tour we wait for show to end and go to next town, but you are paid daily rate, not per mile.

6. Love to truck

Love to truck Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2012
    They having u on your feet for a good 7- 8 hours loading out a show tht could have upwards of 15 trucks on it. Then you drive to next city nonstop an spend another 7-8 hours on your feet loading in all these trucks. You can not show in duty not driving or you'll have no hours to run on. You can not shut down when the weather is bad. You have no say in your home time either. Worked there for for years. After I left they called to see if I'd return. They offered up a .02 raise. Insult to the drivers. 100 a day layover. Doesn't pay the bills. Do not recommend this company. Trailer transit has a lot of good drivers and the do very well. Wish you the best

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.