Looking for insurance options in New York State.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by RSB34, Jul 21, 2018.

1. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    I have recently moved fron central Pa. To central Ny. Cortland county. We can debate if this was a good move but it was what needed to be done for my family. I had daily insurance in Pa. And liked them. When we moved to Ny. Daily could not insure me anymore. So I switched to progressive they are ok but only let me go 500 mile radius. My shippers have been after me to run Florida and Texas for them. I'm not crazy about Texas but like running Florida. The round trip rates I'm offered is more than enough to make it worth while. No this is not cheap broker freight. I have nothing on my Cdl. And have been in business for almost 10 years so that's not the issue. Anyone give any advise on what insurance would not give me limits. So I can check them out. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frontman

Frontman Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Look up a agency in your area that can get quotes from Northland. Or you can try Great West Casualty.

RSB34 and mp4694330 Thank this.
  4. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    I have to find a new agent anyway. The agent I have also sells Erie ins. But he refuses to give me a quote. He just says progressive is cheaper. If I'm losing revenue and making my customer upset I'm not really getting a better deal. I know of a guy that switched from progressive to Erie because of the miles thing. He never really told me what the differance was. He also has 11 trucks and I have 1 so that may make a differance.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.