Looking for Lease purchase in south Georgia

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by country truckin, Jan 2, 2019.

1. country truckin

country truckin Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2011
    georgia
    Anybody know of a good lease purchase program in south Georgia that's runs just southeast region, I'd like to be home on the weekends looking for something in the macon and valdosta area, with no force dispatch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Why throw away your money and sanity on a lease purchase? If you want to be an O/O, save your pennies as a company driver then buy your own out right... Just my $.02... Never done it myself, but have seen many others try and fail at LP's and very few succeed. When and if I get my own truck it will be paid for in cash.

KB3MMX and Badmon Thank this.
  4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    It’s funny this site has a lease-purchase forum. 90% of everyone is negative on them.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Just briefly......no. There are none that meet your requirements.
    Get a company job.
    I live in Albany.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I was talking to an lp driver at my carrier. We are all IC, no company driver. He was a fairly new truck. He has been here close to 8 years. I asked him if he had paid off a truck, which he had. 3 of them. "So why aren't you driving one of them?" He told me that he looked at it as being a company driver on owner operator rates.

To each his own.

7. Sani101

Sani101 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Never heard of a good lease purchase program:biggrin_25513:

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    All L/P programs are bad ... All L/P programs are good.

If you know what you're doing you can assess a program and figure out what it takes to succeed.

If you don't know ... Well you stumble around, fail then come on TTR and tell everyone that L/P programs suck. Those people are in good company, because 90% of the people in L/P programs are clueless.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    Finding a lease purchase in your specific area, with no forced dispatch, home weekends--- dream on. If you lease purchase from an honest company, run it like a business you can be seccessful (get clear title to your truck). Then you can take your truck and haul when and where you choose. Keep your truck in excellent condition always. I completed two lease purchase contracts. I ran like a company truck, took the loads good and bad, did not cry or whine.
    REMEMBER: You are going into business with no money. If you have large amounts of personal debt, child support, alimony l recommend to get out of debt as much as possible before going L/P. Don't listen to the negative opinions posted online. You can do well during good weather and struggle during winter.

KB3MMX and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Lease purchase is by far the worst and most expensive way to go about buying a truck.And the last opinion if it was me would take advice from someone who claims they not only went about buying a truck once thru lease purchase but then turned around and did it again and then talk about being smart business. You should really stop and learn how to do things decently and in order.Get a good company job your in South Georgia ADM in Valdosta just example save your money in some sort of investment 401 for example 10% for 5 years would roughly be around $50.000 take that 5 years to build your credit and buy a truck out right

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    KB3MMX Thanks this.
  11. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    If you have no money and want to own your truck asap and not wait 5 years saving and being treated like crap as a company driver, lease purchase is an option.
    Lease purchase worked well for me. When l retired, l sold my truck ( l had clear title in my name only, the check made out to me), l had paid my income tax quarterly in advance and l had no large balance due to the IRS. It was a smooth transition to retirement for me. I have had and operated under my own authority. I found it easier to subhaul and let the prime carrier be responsible for billing, collection, ifta etc. It was time consuming to do it all myself.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.