Looking for my Significant Other (Don't worry! I Mean Trucking Company!) :')

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by britishblondie, Oct 7, 2013.

1. britishblondie

britishblondie Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Tacoma, Washington
    Ok, I wasn't sure where else to post this so I guess this location will have to do for now. I have a year and a half of trucking experience, I live in Washington State at the moment (and I say at the moment, because my mother likes to travel between Florida and Arizona...so lets just say mostly I reside on the west coast lol). I was working for Central Refrigerated, but had to leave because of family issues--my mother has a bad back, she lost the feeling in her legs but she's travelled to England (for now) to have it taken care of. This means that I'm ready to get back out there and make more money. Problem is, most local jobs here require at least 2 years of experience. I wouldn't mind doing something regional, but I would prefer over the road or regional for now because I love those long hauls. Ultimately, I'd love to just find something that will pay quite well. I cant go back to Central Refrigerated, because I leased a truck from them and had to leave it in the yard when I left in a hurry to get to my mom. They did say that they felt bad for me, and that it was a shame they couldn't take me back but those are the rules. (which I fully understand). I guess what I'm trying to say is: if anyone knows of a regional or over the road trucking company that pays quite well, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. If any of you have any advice or words of wisdom, I'm open ears over here--I just want to get back into the game as soon as I possibly can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Have you looked at Gordon Trucking?? There are a lot of good options for you living out in that area. If you do not mind teaming, I would look into Lynden Transport as well. I saw you posting on the Melton thread. Check out Central Oregon Trucking Co if flatbed is what you want.

KH

4. britishblondie

Feb 7, 2012
    Tacoma, Washington
    I'm looking into western region trucking jobs at the moment, I have reefer experience already so I figured I might as well stick with that. Thank you for your suggestions though, I'll definitely look into those :)

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TWT Refrigerated Services

Heyl Truck Lines is hiring in WA. Need 6 months experience within the last 3 years.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  6. britishblondie

Feb 7, 2012
    Tacoma, Washington
    I've just applied, *crossing fingers* hopefully someone will come back to me soon :)

7. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    U can try interstate there right there in tacoma u can run the 11 western with them right now i been gettin 2700-2900 miles a wk and im in reefer side also got a 13 cascadia that has refrig n over 1800 watt power inverters

britishblondie Thanks this.
  8. britishblondie

Feb 7, 2012
    Tacoma, Washington
    Do you have your HAZMAT? It says here for the Interstate west coast reefer regional, a HAZMAT is preferred.
    Also, do you run to Canada as well? or no? I have an American passport, which I could use to get over there.
    Thank you for telling me about Interstate, it seems like a good fit for what I'm looking for :)

9. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    They pay for u to get hazmat i have passport but havebt gone acros yet etc guess they have a canda fleet that handles it and no i dont have hazmat but do plan to get one since they will pay for it

10. britishblondie

Feb 7, 2012
    Tacoma, Washington
    I have an orientation/interview next Monday with Interstate! I'm excited, and nervous all at the same time lol :') wish me luck! x

11. Truckie83

Truckie83 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Perryman, MD
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.