Looking for post reactions to CSA now that its official

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by AVAAL, Feb 11, 2011.

1. AVAAL

AVAAL Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Hello, I am writing an article on CSA which I understand is now in full effect.

All the articles and comments I am finding on this subject seems to have been written prior to this point. Meaning all the warning signs about it last year and before. But now that it is part of everyday reality, I can't locate any updates or follow ups regarding this issue. Why has everyone shut up about it ? Is it not as bad as officially thought ? Is it too early to create an article because it's so fresh ? Surely there have already been consenquences and implications since this has come into effect.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Personal comments are welcome as well. I am basically looking for fresh material not the same hoopla repeated over and over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    Nothing has changed in my life .
    I do blame this long nasty winter on csa2010 though and I plan to sue the dot to put a stop to it!!

But then again I could be wrong

4. crankit2152

crankit2152 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Have to give it a year or two to see the effects on the Industry.My thinking is it will be quite bad as far as retaining experienced drivers go. Clearance light out gets you 3 points, its ridiculous over regulation .....they will start to add up.I see a big problem for the small business owner operator competing with that and the Mexican trucking invasion coming in the near future as well. For the last 12 years, as a Canadian owner operator Ive loved traveling the entire USA and meeting great people along the way....but man enough is enough.I can't see me lasting 2 years down here......and that's a drag cause it's been a great trip.

5. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Just wait until they put speed limiters on your.......

Oh wait you guy's already did that huh? Gotta love that non-regulation in Canada:biggrin_25522:

6. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    OP your gonna have to wait awhile for any results or actions.A lot of carriers are not even registered yet due to lack of information.

Stepped up inspection rates will take at least a year to give any indication of effects.

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    So far I have one major problem with it--there is no recourse to get a bad report off! For example any non oos equipment violation was a fix it ticket. So you couls clear up the little stuff. Remember I said non-oos. Example last week in MD rolled my truck and trailer into Bay--everything perfect as usual after a full level1--Before finishing inspection--DOT went back under trailer to check something she said she didn't like--ok--then said the airlines running across the axles(from can to can)were not secure properly--I explained to her those were covers over the crsoo over libes and zipped tied to axle, She claimed the zip tie could rub through the line. I once again tried to explain--that those are HARD PALSTIC COVERS over the actual rubber airlines AND-that is exactly how Great Dane sets up their higher dollar($75,999 2009 stainless 53'spread)reefers. I said you are looking at factory spec. She said maybe but I do not like it. I've since contacted DOT and Great Dane. DOT say there is no way to comment or change a non-oos violation(non ticket)but it does add the points in the equpment section either way. Spoke to a gentleman # dane in chicago who tells me he has gotten over 100 complaints already and they are working on it--but not having much luck. I'm hoping the powers that be start to realize while this new system was needed--it should be considered a work in progress and tweek as needed. we will see.
    Just my $.02

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I am starting to wonder why we spent the billions of $$ during the Cold War years??? Think about it.....That Might be a little overboard,but,then again,what is OUR Federal government turning into?? At the very Best,it is a monster that will devour anyone that gets in its way,mybe it will destroy itself in time??

9. crankit2152

crankit2152 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2009
    So you support CSA2010. When you roll up to a scale with a slight leak in a tire after having run over a nail, you will accept the 8 points on your record? Just an example. I never said we were non regulated. I meant CSA2010 was over regulation.No need to be defensive.

10. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Don't worry crankit, Tazz must be having a bad day.

11. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    I have no problem with people's failures being recorded. Now I have a couple problems with CSA 2010 involving crash data, but keeping track of faulty equipment? No keep your poop in a group and you'll be fine.

Keep running crappy equipment and face suspension. Sounds like a good plan for those that maintain their equipment in a professional manner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.