Looking to buy a Western Star w DD-13, any good?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by lucasquick, Sep 26, 2022.

1. lucasquick

lucasquick Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2022
    I’ve been searching for a dump truck for some time and I finally found a 2017 simple 16 with 200k miles but it has a Detroit DD-13. A friend of mine told me to stay away because they’re not good engines for city especially hauling 80,000lbs but I haven’t found anything else worth it and I want to get to work. Does anyone think i’ll have issue in the future or is it a solid engine? I’m thinking of deleting it as well since all the newer trucks have def/dpf issues

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Singh181

Singh181 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2014
    San Jose, Ca
    Buddy of mine bought 2 2015 4700's last October. Love's them and so do the guys that drive them. The one's he got were factory flashed 450 hp 10 speed manual with 3.58 rears. They pull double bottom dumps always loaded at max weight.

4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I wouldn’t be afraid of DD13, more for regional haul than the dd15 and wouldn’t delete it.
    No freightliner nor will most shops touch them and are supposed to report you.
    They federal government will come knocking with outrageous fines and you’ll pay to get it fixed, after you get out of prison for tampering with federal requirements.

Diesel Ram Owner Forced to Scrap Truck Over Deleted Emissions Equipment (UPDATED)

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/07/n...ial-media-to-fine-modified-diesel-trucks/amp/

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/s...e-for-selling-emission-defeating-devices/amp/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.