Looking to buy first tractor. Any info on Arrow Sales?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Alkaline Eating Trucker, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Alkaline Eating Trucker

Alkaline Eating Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Looking to buy my first tractor.
    Any info on Arrow Sales?
    What should I look for in an extended warranty.
    Suggestions on finance companies? Been getting refused cause this my 1st big dollar purchase like this.
    Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Maybe wait till you can buy new. These new emission trucks can be a nightmare in repairs of you get a bad one. Nothing older then 2014. Watch out on Detroit, the one box can go bad at 600,000 miles and it $12,000 to fix

Look at glider kit trucks. New truck with pre emission engine. You can't go to California.

I'm driving a 2017 Freightliner with Detroit so far no problems at 245,000 miles.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  4. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Here you go... Arrow, and not just them, but all dealers.

5. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Extended warranties are a waste of money, do not waste yours. They very rarely ever cover anything. Plenty of horror stories out there regarding that very subject. If you buy used, have at least $30,000 in cash available, or access to it through family or friends. See my above post...

These used trucks have a lifespan of 500,000 miles, as that is when the real emission damage really starts. And do not buy a truck with a delete, odds are it is a back alley abortion waiting to hemorrhage your wallet. Educate yourself, head over to Rawze.com and ask for an invite and start reading.

Start here... http://rawze.com/book/The First Time Class-8 Lease-Purchase Owner-Op Guide.pdf

It says lease, ignore that, it applies to you.

Good luck. ;-)

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Think about this a company buys/ leases a new truck for 36 months at something like $1,800 a month. They get a new truck with a full warranty if the spec it. So they have almost no downtown, and when they do it probably a warranty repair.

You buy that trucked used and almost no warranty. The truck is in the last half of it life and they will be the most expensive time to own it and no warranty. Your paying the same price for the truck as the company had and they got it new and with a warranty.

Most warranty won't cover stuff unless it's from the manufacturer. I had a Freightliner with Detroit engine. It had 48 month or 600,000 mile warranty parts and lobor.on the engine. That was an extra warranty just from Detroit diesel the truck had. I used the warranty but they don't do anything for 2 weeks motel and food and not making any money. That was a 2011 truck. That thing was a lemon. They did so much warranty work on the engine it was crazy. It also forced me back to driving a company truck.

Bean Jr. and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  7. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.