Looking to buy MC & Dot numbers from someone

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Peter1984, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Peter1984

Peter1984 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2020
    i am looking to buy a trucking company, please contact me for details

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    How much money yah got? Money talks and BS walks.

TallJoe and Bigwin123 Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Mine is approaching 4 years mark.
    MC# starts with 9.
    Clean and 0 CSA points.
    Paying $8500 all insurance cost this year compared to $15000 the 1st year.
    Hmmm...
    If offered $75 000, I'd consider.

Not for sale yet.

5. RTR

RTR Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Alabama
    Just posted for sale 739532

6. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2016
    1st dot numbers can’t be transferred.So people that are under the impression that old MC numbers are worth anything are very uninformed.Old MC numbers can be transferred to someone else but you then have to get your own dot number and then buy insurance to activate,So you might get an MC that was issued in 1950 for example doesn’t matter the fmcsa profile is going to show you went in business on the day you bought insurance on your dot number it not going to show anything about the old mc.Just simply buying an old Mc number thinking your going to save on insurance or your thinking your tricking brokers or shippers into believing you’ve been in business for years is just crap some make up all these people insurance co.,brokers,shippers look at your fmcsa profile which states the day you bought insurance for your dot number is the day your business started.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I never understood what the point was of buying someone's MC# alone. It would be all too easy to trick Insurance like that.
    However, what happens when not only MC# is bought but the whole carrier (a fleet) with all the assets and personel? In that case, you might say that the MC# changed the owner but the entire carrier structure remained intact. So if someone bought JB Hunt, their Insurance cost should not be affected by it, neither should be concerned their customers too much.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    If the status is changed to a C-corp the you can make a stock purchase without any numbers changing. If the TIN# is tied to any person i can't be done without a new DOT#. Only "legit" way. Not to say that some don't just take over a number and change anything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted