Looking to get in car hauling to be home more-different laws??of a tire totaling two tires

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by coueshunter, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Old one

Old one Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Auto plants require it. And why take the risk?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This is beautiful, well said!

But don’t forget about the scratch or dent you see ONLY the next after you loaded and 500 miles down the road.

Happened to me twice on the same load. Picked up a jeep in chadler early morning sun right in my eyes and I flat out missed the cracked windshield. But by some Godly intervention I just took a few random pics of the car while still in the auction. And low and behold, in one of the pics you could faintly make out the cracked windshield, saved my butt because that was the FIRST thing the porter saw. The other was a very obscured dent that as it turned out they didn’t give two rips about, but I sweated it for a full day.

Hulld and Old one Thank this.
  4. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I hate it when you go over everything and document it all.
    then the next morning while you are drinking your coffee and checking your load securement there it is right in your face at eye level the one f****** scratch you missed.
    Now it’s not on the condition report and
    you have three days on the road to your customer and your mind is running wild wondering where you can get in to a whalmart and if a sharpie will make it less noticeable...

brian991219, Kozakvod and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    That's still better than "I wonder if that roof will fold back over???"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.