Looking to get started, company sponsored CDL school?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by c.lloyd83, Jan 20, 2019.

1. drumchaos

drumchaos Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Since when do they not have a contract? I thought it was a year contract to forgive the school debt. I know it’s $100 to hold a seat then $400 first day for the school.

c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drumchaos

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Also look into RE West. They are no contract/no commitment, paid training. They just ask that if you don’t stay 6 months that you pay back $85 for the physical and any sign on bonus. @Chinatown and myself started a thread on them. I’ll post the links below.
    R.E. West

c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  4. BoondockSaint

BoondockSaint Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2019
    You pay them for the school weekly once you are hired and with your trainer. You sign an agreement that you will pay it I do believe and if you leave before it’s paid then you just owe them the remaing balance is my understanding. I haven’t gone through it yet as I am scheduled for March.

c.lloyd83 and drumchaos Thank this.
  5. drumchaos

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I'd double check, I believe there is still a 1 year contract involved.

c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  6. BoondockSaint

BoondockSaint Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2019

7. drumchaos

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    This was something I read in the millis thread a few days ago.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 1.49.27 PM.png

c.lloyd83 and BoondockSaint Thank this.
  8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Call it a contract, call it whatever you want. You pay $100 to hold your seat in a class and then $400 the 1st day of class. While in class there is no pay, but the hotel provides a free breakfast and Millis provides lunch. While there you will sign papers stating the schooling/hotels/training cost a certain amount and when you are with your trainer they will start deducting $100 a week to pay for this. Once on your own they lower it down to like $30 a paycheck deducted each week. They will take that out for a yr. After the year you are free and clear, but if you leave before your year is up then yes you will owe them the remaining amount of $ you agreed to pay.

While with a trainer you're making .43cpm for all miles the truck is dispatched on. Doesnt matter if the trainer is driving or the student. Truck dispatched on 3600miles and your drove 2500 that week, you still get .43cpm x 3600.

BoondockSaint and drumchaos Thank this.
  9. drumchaos

Dec 23, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Good info. Thanks @keen98

10. The Elite Team

The Elite Team Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019

Chris I posted a YouTube video that prob answers all your questions. I live in Cleveland

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.