Looking to have 5 vehicles shipped from TX to OR

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Nealy Pierce, May 23, 2017.

1. Nealy Pierce

Nealy Pierce Bobtail Member

May 23, 2017
    Our company is relocating some employees to Oregon to open a new office and we're having a hard time getting in contact with a actual shipping company vs. brokers who are all over the place with their bids and can't confirm a specific pickup date or even which company they'll use.

Vehicles include 1 Crew Cab Short-bed Truck, 3 Mid-size SUV's, 1 Sedan
    Dates: May 28th-30th pick-up - going from 75078 to 97701

Anyone able to help, let me know.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nealy Pierce

May 23, 2017
    Tried it - only brokers and they won't confirm a specific pick-up date or even a 3 day window. Most have tons of reviews saying the cars weren't picked up for 2-4 weeks after scheduled pickup date. Looking to deal directly with hauler.

4. Nealy Pierce

May 23, 2017
    Sorry Expedite69, is that not where I posted this? I show it to be in the "Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum" - If we placed it in the wrong forum, we would be happy to move it.

rearview and LBZ Thank this.
  5. Big John Classic HQ

Big John Classic HQ Light Load Member

May 21, 2015
    One Word Mercer!

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    while we'd love to have his/her business, it would be a lot cheaper to just pay their employees to move them. Thats 1880 miles to the black hole of oregon. I wouldn't touch that for under 5k. Add in 25% for mercer.. so at about 6k. and its gonna take 2 of us so 12k dollars.

7. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Why can't your employees drive their own cars up there? It would be significantly cheaper than having them hauled.

8. Big John Classic HQ

Big John Classic HQ Light Load Member

May 21, 2015
    Yeah maybe so. But all the customers I gave to Mercer when I came on board so far haven't had any problems like he describes. So maybe the money wouldn't be an issue.

9. Nealy Pierce

May 23, 2017
    I must have called the wrong Mercer (http://mercer-trans. com/) because they said they don't do car haulers, they do flat beds.

10. Nealy Pierce

May 23, 2017
    I asked if that was an option and he asked if I had a way to load them. I dug further and he said I would need a dock on each end to load and unload the vehicles. He also said he would have to send two trucks and two trailers but could get it done. I think we were looking for the more conventional route of a car hauler. Thanks for the recommendation though, at this point we're all ears to any option.

11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Pay your people each $1000 or so and they will gladly drive there instead of flying

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.