Looking to hire on with Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Newtrucker bak, Oct 23, 2013.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I never wanted hazmat and won't get it. It's too much of a hassle and too expensive. For me, though, having a valid passport is useful for other reasons, like flying across a border.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Well I filled out the "re-connect with Gordon" form shortly after I got the email. And never heard back from them, so I think you could argue it was just a mass email that went out to anyone who had previously applied with them.

I would call, but I'm pretty content with my local gig--just wanted to see what they would say. As of this writing. That is nothing, lol.

unloader

4. DenaliDad

All companies fish for potential employees among past applicants.

5. Newtrucker bak

Newtrucker bak Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Naples ID
    Ok finally back in states. Truck froze up while I was in Edmonton and wouldn't you know it was sat so no one open. And before anyone asks yes I treated the fuel it was at least -40( that's all the colder my them. went ) and on that note I'm now working on getting of Canada fleet if they want bonus back they can have it I left Alaska to get away from that kinda weather

tow614 Thanks this.
  6. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    good luck getting off that run

7. Newtrucker bak

Oct 22, 2013
    Naples ID
    Well they said I could when I first started if I didn't like it we will see how true to there word they are

8. Newtrucker bak

Oct 22, 2013
    Naples ID
    Talked to my fm today he said call him Monday she I get back from Canada and he would do it. Said he didn't want to take me off now or I might have problem getting load back out of Canada. So sounds like it will be easy enough not sure what fleet I'll be going to but he said there were several options. Hey Joseph is TC hard to get the hang of I've never ran a refer before but can't see as how it could be to hard.

9. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Joseph does good on tc.. u.s. fleet does good...

I ran reefer 4 years before coming to gti.. not much to get used to.. imo there is a lot more headaches due to more live loads/unloads but you can get used to it. Plus dealing with grocery warehouses..

Where dry van drops at all walmarts reefers live unload..

But I did enjoy reefer... especially running produce out of salinas and yuma.
    It is a different kind of trucking but enjoyable.

If you go to it they will want you to stay for a year before leaving it should you desire..

You can do well on either of those 2 fleets.

10. DenaliDad

Can you give a rough percentage estimate of how much broker loads GTI hauls? Or even judgement words like "not much" or "lots" will suffice. I am not a big fan of brokers.

11. DenaliDad

Do you run DC to the local Walmart stores? What about Sam's?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.