Looking to move into O.D. companies in the Midwest, South

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by T. Hooghouse, Sep 21, 2018.

1. T. Hooghouse

T. Hooghouse Bobtail Member

What's up everyone.

Been doing a dedicated run for the last 2 years and it's starting to grow old and boring seeing the same road day after day, Have another lead on a new dedicated running a quad, ten, salaried, and home more than weekends, but I think I'd fall into the same rut. So wanting to see what companies are all out there to start into OD loads (mainly machinery).

Was looking at RE West out of Ashland, TN two years ago before I went to run Steel, Like the idea of No tarp loads, but not really fond of the idea of the Northeast would rather stick with the Midwest, South. Anyone know of any other companies that do some sort of the same thing as them, or even a little more info about RE?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Company driver?
    MidWest Transport out of Minnesota. Smaller company, less political BS ( the bigger the company, the more BS),which will allow you to move up the ladder faster and pad your resume. Keep all of your permits, because if you ever go to a pure heavy haul company, the first thing they will ask is about the loads you pulled and the trailer combinations.

(When you are out in a truck stop, sitting at the lunch counter, you will hear drivers bragging about being EX
    1. Special Forces, sniper, seals and secret service.
    2. Heavy Haul.

Trucking companies hear the heavy haul claims all the time too. Therefore keep your permits and take pictures and videos. Don’t post them, just keep them for future reference.)

Luck in battle.

4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    There’s also XLG Transportation out of Indiana.

T. Hooghouse Thanks this.
  5. T. Hooghouse

T. Hooghouse Bobtail Member

Appreciate the info guys! Will look into them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.