Volvo 780 cummings D-13 engine loss of power

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Davidrs8, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Davidrs8

Davidrs8 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2018
    I have a Volvo 780 cummings D-13 engine. Truck has been Idle rough, loss of power climbing hills and my MPG dropped from 6mpg to 5.2mpg. Last time that happen I got a Hugh bill for replacing fuel injectors. If you ever had it done you know what I mean my Hugh! I tried all those injector cleaners and top end cleaners you find at the truck stop from $15-$60 a bottle. None of that crap worked. Then I had a Idea. Marvel Mystery Oil. Used it before in gas engines to free up sticky values and clean injectors. But I had no idea you could mix it with diesel. So I filled up both my 200gal tanks and added a bottle to each one. Nothing changed much running those two tanks. In fact MPG got a little worse. Then today I refilled both tanks with just diesel And headed back out. This time the trucked idled a little better, I was climbing the same hills with the same weight 15mph faster. and my MPG went up to 6. Going to run the tanks dry then treat one more time and see how she does. Hell of a lot better then spending 4k on new injectors.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davidrs8

Davidrs8 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2018
    BTW Marvel Mystery Oil can be found at any auto parts store. You will not find it at any truck stops. Probably because it's cheaper then the crap they have and it actually works the first time. You don't have to keep buying bottle after bottle with no results.

4. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Sorry man............. can you clarify this bs.

Either you have a Volvo D13 or a Volvo powered by a Cummins motor Also on Volvo D13 the achilles heel are the injector cups and that oil wont help with cups allowing air into the fuel system.

5. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    HA I had to read it like 6 times I thought I misread or missed something

Snailexpress and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  6. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Mystery oil will not work with sealing on injectors that being said from time to time I do add a gallon or so engine oil in 150 fuel in my truck to keep fuel internals a little bit more lubricated your problem will come back just a matter of time.

7. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Mystery oil probably good to rub pubic hair. There is no miracles in engine world.

8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Cummings D13? It's either a CUMMINS or a D13 Volvo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.