2004 volvo d12 Loss of power loss of boost difficult starting

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Frustrated21, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Frustrated21

Frustrated21 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2021
    2004 volvo d12…while driving had loss of power and boost and running very rough and then would regain power and boost for a bit and then loos power and boost…truck idles all night with no problem…feels like no fuel getting to we’re it needs to go and will stall when stopped and then very difficult to get going again…changed fuel filters…checked all fuel lines and have fuel additives in fuel for cold weather…checked battery connections…no codes thrown…no blue smoke…help!!!! What am I missing??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    You checked fuel lines, how? Could be collapsing from inside, or connection admitting air only under high load/leaks air in when off, this is not going to be easy to see visually.

Cam position sensor wire frayed and shorting out is possible too

Bean Jr. and Siinman Thank this.
  4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Any bubbles in your fuel tank?

5. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Sounds like fuel filter(s)

6. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    He did say hed already checked and changed those

‘Olhand and Siinman Thank this.
  7. Frustrated21

Frustrated21 Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2021
    Got the old girl running…3 bad o-rings on fuel lines…so far so good…see what happens when we get down the road and put it under load …thank you to baldy’s service in fox creek for all the help

Siinman Thanks this.
  8. Tha General

Tha General Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2022
    I’m having an issue with my 04Volvo D12. Last week, it cranked up great with no issues. Ran for fifteen to twenty minutes. Then shut off. Had to spray starter fluid, in order for it to catch and crank. Ran well for the remainder of the week. Came home for the weekend. Same thing this Monday. Cranked and ran for te to fifteen minutes. And shut off. Haven’t been able to get it cranked. Changed fuel/water separator filter. Changed ball valve. About to change regular fuel filter. And I have an electric primer pump. That works m unbeknownst on how it works. Any assistance please.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.