Loves truck stop clean showers ????

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by High Seas, Mar 17, 2019.

1. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    I stopped at a loves truck stop to fuel and shower a couple of weeks ago . The fuel desk gal said she had to clean one . She cleaned the one directly in line with the hall entrance to the showers so I could watch her clean . She picked up a used towel off the floor, wiped down the .Shower stall , then the commode, next the floor with the same towel and her foot, then picked up the towel and wiped down the vanity, came out and told me she had it cleaned. I told I ran out of time and left, so much for Loves clean showers as far as I'm concerned.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    "Welcome to Love's!"

Ding da da ding ding diiiiiiiiing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    I've noticed most truck stops use the towels to clean the showers to some extent. Clean the floors , the counter or shower. The only thing I use their towels for is to dry my shower shoes, to use as a mat, when they don't provide one, and to set my shower bag on. Always carried my own soap and towels. I would never use it to dry myself.

5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Amen to that. I do the exact same. I'd dry off with my dirty clothes before I use a truck stop shower towel.

longbedGTs and Expeditor Thank this.
  6. Expeditor

Mar 5, 2018
    Haha, that has happened to me once. Forgot to pack my towel in my shower bag. Not a good feeling when you realize you forgot your towel and you are in the shower .

rabbiporkchop and JonJon78 Thank this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Hey, at least she didn't just fold up the towel to immediately use it again...

I think some of you are such princesses; scared to use the towel to dry yourself off... they do wash them you know..

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How do you really know? I've smelled a lot of them that definitely have a disgusting stench.

9. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    That's bs, ,at the loves east of Knoxville I got a shower and when I went the wash cloth the water turned blue . I threw it out the shower stall . I went back to the fuel counter and complained . They told me it was just a new batch of towels. I said don't you wash them and they said why they are new!!!!!!

10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If it's busy and there is a wait for a shower the towel is often still warm from the dryer.

I may have better luck than some other folks. I go to the same places all the time. Not much random bouncing around the country and new new new every day. I also don't do loves. Exceedingly rare I will do more than sleep or get something to eat from loves. Fuel maybe 50g a few times a year if I'm in a pinch.

11. Expeditor

Mar 5, 2018
    It's not "scares to use a towel to dry yourself off" it's scared to use a towel that the last guy used to wipe his butt and other parts off, then put that same towel up to my face, no thanks. Have you seen some of these drivers at truck stop.
    Just last week I was on Florida, 595 truck stop, when in to get showers. They give you 4 towels and a plastic bag. When you are done they require you to bring back the dirty towels so the counter person can count them before you get you ID back. I had to apologize to the counter person after making a remark about who would want those dirty, stained towels. She was just following rules.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.