Love's Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Travis05Lock, Jun 11, 2021.

1. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Nuance and subtlety seem to be eluding you. I was commenting on how childish roberts was for acting as if loves never had any huge signs about masks being required for a year+. The only excuse he could have had for that would be being blind, unable to read or never having been to a loves this past year. Things he says he has done/can do.

Effectivity or refusal to wear one is a seperate issue entirely, i dont care one way or another until you loudly proclaim your stance on it to the world at large. Then what youve done is single yourself out not as being a freethinker or different, but just as being a belligerent jerk i want nothing to do with. Its as if advertising that youre the loudmouth drunk at the bar everyone hates. Why would you do that unless you want people to hate you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I really don’t care. Have a nice day

Zangief, drvrtech77 and Roberts450 Thank this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I ignored them too..simply because I’m not going along with the bs..

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  5. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    There was one Loves in New Jersey that had a clerk that would scream at a driver who came in without a mask that she would call the cops if you didn't put one on. This was during the first 2 months of the pandemic. What a sweetheart. Hope her husband beat her.

No, I really don't hope that, well...

6. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019

7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I see Iowa 80 has nice signs saying fully vaccinated people can go without a mask. Now why do they have to make liars out of the rest of us like that?

But seriously, I was never in a Loves the past year and a half that ever asked me to put a mask on or said anything to me about not having one on.

For that matter, Thursday I took the Badger across Lake Michigan and they had signs up about “Coast Guard regulations…blah blah” and I’d say less than half wore masks. I had a thought about grabbing one from the truck but decided not to when I saw most of the staff without them. Plus I’m vaccinated *wink wink*

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I always wanted to try that ferry when I was doing a some loads from Manitowoc to Muskegon, Mi but my company said no. I think I would have enjoyed it, not to mention the time I would save by not having to deal with Chicagoland.

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I took a load just to be able to do it. It’s $325 but it only takes 4 hours to get across. It was a fun experience.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.