low air light and buzzard wont turn off even at 120psi

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by maxpowerss67, May 7, 2012.

1. maxpowerss67

maxpowerss67 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Fort worth texas
    im new so please bare with me, i have 2002 kw W900L with a C-15 the truck low air light will not shut off. the air pressure is reading 120 and after doing a few internet searches i bought a warning sensor that screws in to the air junction box in the dash. this help a bit it will turn off now 90% of the time but only when it hits 120psi and some time i have to tap the brakes when it hits 120 and it will shut off. the light will come on around 110ish and not go off until the pressure hits 120 again. so i am a bit lost now, I cant find any thing else that points me in the right direction other then a stealership. any idea would be a big help thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. k whopper

k whopper Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    milledgeville ga
    mine is doing the same thing but mine stays on all the time. on mine if you take the buzzer panal off there are little switches to turn of the buzzer but the light will still be on:biggrin_25515:

4. maxpowerss67

maxpowerss67 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Fort worth texas
    yeah i did that recently, helped with my sanity, i read some where the air dyer may need to be replace, idk still searching away i will let you know if i find any thing, did you replace the sensor?, its like 30 buck at kenworth or 15 on ebay really easy to replace.

5. k whopper

Sep 9, 2011
    milledgeville ga
    no not yet i do need a air dryer cartridge might change the two at the same time

6. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    KW have the TRP air dryer filter on sale ...$19.79 with the KW Privilege card.
    I haven't found a filter cheaper anywhere else...

7. k whopper

Sep 9, 2011
    milledgeville ga
    thanks will check into that

8. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    How do you take panel off is it the same on a t600

9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    If you have the dummy lights in the narrow black panel in the visor panel there are two screws that hold that panel in, pull the panel out and on the back there are little white micro switches, IIRC they are marked, find the one for the buzzer you want to mute and switch it.

10. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    If you have a water leak and it leaks down onto the sensor, this can trigger it. My Pete did the same thing, put silicone on top of the sensor, haven't had a problem and also fixed the water leak.

11. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Which sensor r u talking about it does leak a little

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.