Low oil pressure 08 isx 450.

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Dandkexpress, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Dandkexpress

Dandkexpress Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Had my front end seals replace due to excessive oil leaks. After everything was done my oil pressure sits real low around 15 at idle. Before was around 20. Plus i also lost some horsepower. At highway speed it sits around 32 with fresh oil and filter. Before was around 37. I had cummins rechecked the timing and redo the overhead adjustment but i have a feeling they didn't do anything because i stillhave the same issue. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    CHECKING the timing and running the overhead won't change your oil pressure. Relief valve, oil viscosity and bearing clearances is what changes oil pressure. If it's just 2 or 3 lbs I wouldn't worry to much. I assume you have an ISX cummins? These engines run prey low oil pressures. Max for them is 40 lbs at cruse speed. 15 at idle I think is close to the low end but I think is still in spec.

Horsepower loss, have no way to validate your claim. I don't dought you but could be 1000 diffrent things based on the info you supplied. I would be checking the sensor connections anywhere they worked for starters.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.