LTL Companies in St. Louis

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Shaner.STL, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Shaner.STL

Shaner.STL Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on good LTL/Local companies here in St. Louis? I have my CDL Permit with all the endorsements, DOT card, clean driving history and solid work history, drug-free. I’ve applied for several dock to driver positions, driver helper, driver assistant and have not heard anything back for whatever reason. I’m currently a Personal Trainer and stay fit so I don’t mind all the hard work. Was hoping to find a company and work my way up to getting on as a driver but looks like I’m just going to pay my own way thru a CDL school. I may head up to SDIA in Indianapolis next month for their 5 week program. I’d like to start applying to some of the local companies and doing some research on them. If anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it. Thxs

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Depending on where you live, most of the good ones have relocated from the city out to St. Charles County off of 370. Saia, Dayton, and OD are all out there now. Estes is in Fenton, right off the 44/270 interchange. From what I’ve heard from others, all of them are pretty good. I’d personally lean toward OD or Dayton, but I have a buddy at Estes who’s very happy there and making $.64 cpm.

Hall St. still has several companies/terminals as well. I know XPO and ABF are still down there among others. Good luck...

4. Shaner.STL

Jul 26, 2017
    Have not heard a few of those. Def will look them up. Thank you!

5. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Have you tried USF Holland. I think there in edwardsville, il

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    ODFL still has a terminal on Hall Street as well, right next to the old Saia barn. It's a pretty nice place, actually, recently renovated. But it's still annoying when I get routes through there after I leave St. Charles.

7. Shaner.STL

Jul 26, 2017
    Have not tried them. Thank you! Yeah I saw OD had the one here and in St. Charles. I tired calling them and then sent an email to HR when I couldn’t get in touch. Might just have to go by if I don’t hear anything.

8. Mack185

Mack185 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Buddy of mine works for Estes in Fenton and he loves it, runs road though.

When I lived in St. Louis, it was a crappy place to try and find a driving job and from what I hear it still isn’t great. Now I’m in Indy and could get hired at a different place every day of the week if I wanted. Covered up with places needing drivers.

DTP Thanks this.
  9. Shaner.STL

Jul 26, 2017
    Yeah, I heard Indiana is a good spot. No way I could get my girlfriend and kids to move haha. I’ve applied to Estes for dock to driver. I’ll try them again when I get my CDL. Would be nice

10. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    @Shaner.STL - definitely check out Dayton Freight. They have a very good dock-to-driver program. Our former dock workers are some of the best drivers we have because they aren't afraid to work.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  11. Shaner.STL

Jul 26, 2017
    Thank you I will give them a call!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.