Ltl companies overtime

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jobs4you, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yea I saw that. I hit my year in May but they were talking about a new thing they're doing. They were going to hire me and put me in straight truck at class A pay to get LTL experience for a few months and then once I hit my year move me to tractor trailer. Line haul is what I'm mostly interested in. I heard good things about the company.

Yea I use to pass it every day off exit 245 when I ran to Fort Wayne every day. Little farther than I wanna drive everyday though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Yeah, I'd jump on that if they offer it to you. Even Class B pay would be better than your current situation. But be forewarned: the straight truck guys do the most work out of all of us! But it will be worth it. Keep us posted.

Big Don Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The straight truck guys here have it pretty rough compared to the trailer guys. The always leave with ugly loads, with freight stacked, stood up against the wall and/or broke down to make everything fit.

Also, they are often spread out, especially if they have to cover parts of at least two different trailer guys' areas that the big trucks can't get to.

5. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yea I have a buddy at Estes that drives a straight truck that seems to work his ### off as well. I'll def take it if they call. If not, I'll try again with them once I hit my year.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Same way where I used to work. We only had the one straight truck operating out of our terminal. The company lucked out and found the perfect driver for it. This perfect driver, (and I am NOT saying that sarcastically,) came to us from someplace back east. He had been a terminal manager there. But his wife worked for a large chain store, (Target perhaps,) and was offered a healthy promotion to come out here.
    So he hires on, and they put him right on the bobtail. He did the job. He never complained. He never had any complaints against him. Very quite and soft spoken, not one to raise a fuss over anything.
    I still see him driving around in that straight truck. I have to admire a guy like that.

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    F that with the business end of a rake!!

Texas_hwy_287, Cardfan89 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s definitely one way to be told your time and services are not appreciated. :biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.