Lying on the DOT medical disclosure form

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Midnightrider909, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I’m getting real sick and tired of doing one year cards which are actually 10 1/2 month cards because I’m never sure if my blood pressure is going to be too high and I go in early to avoid being stranded unable to drive thousands of miles from home. My question is if I lie on that form and do not disclose any medical conditions or medications will they know since I did disclose those things in previous DOT physical’s. If I am honest the best I can do is a one year card and I’m sick and tired of dealing with this ordeal every 10 1/2 months. My BP is always around 140/90 and the stress of doing the physical usually makes scoring under those numbers dicey.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i dunno, you risk a few bad things. like should you get into a crash, and the hospital calls your primary doctor (which they might if you are unable to speak for yourself), and find that you are on meds. your employer may have the right to can your butt for keeping information secret?

(it IS possible) that the hospital can notify your employer of any meds that you are on, if they do some searching, which they might have to do, so as to either give you the correct dosage, or to not over medicate you, and put you into a coma...

or you can go to a clinic at another location and start "fresh"

i dunno.....it's 6 of one, half dozen of another

HIPPA laws may apply however.....so it's still a gamble

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You'll be asked why you have a one year card.
    Should have with held that information on your first physical.

5. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    I would lie and don’t care what anyone else thinks.
    However take care of your medical condition and your health in general.
    Don’t think the DMV will dig your previous medical. If they do hey you found a way to control your condition naturally with herbs, exercise, diet, meditation whatever.

mhyn, quatto and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  6. SoCalRed

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    I don’t think they ask to see your medical card when you go for physical. Some places may.
    My chiropractor (DOT certified) never ask to see my old card.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    here is my question..at the DMV when they scan the medical report into the system, does anyone there monitor that information, and if something does not match up from the previous DOT, it sends up a red flag?

just wondering, i only had like 1 physical before i retired earlier this year.

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Try it...

just say you’ve joined a gym and your blood pressure is under control with out meds......

9. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    yes, they will know what meds you are on, if they take the time to look.
    any clinic, pharmacy, or hospital in the country can upload your medical history if they have your SS#, and they are tied into the network. this mandated by federal law.

10. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hit the Gym- Or the treadmill at home for a week or 2. a half hour a day.Sweat good- Get those salts and sugars out- Then look in the mirror and smile. Go to a rock concert and Bang your head for 2 hours.....

Truckers have it nearly impossible to keep the heart pumping strong and slow.......

The typical Drive all day- Doing absolutely nothing physical- Putting in Miles-(Which is stupid to rely on weekly) Then expected to have athletic style Blood pressures and sugar counts.

Why do you think physicals werent pushed so hard in the 60's thru the 90's?? Yes,They were mandated- But typical OTR drivers that didn't get exercise just winged it or faked one.

Then put in Bad Company's "Desolation Angels" casssette or CD in and Rocked out to Rock n Roll Fantasy

Bean Jr. and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  11. SoCalRed

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Can you post a link to this federal law.
    Accessing someone’s medical record is not as easy as you think it is.

jbatmick Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.