Mail..goes missing and not arriving? PO Box instead for payments?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Beaver9, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Beaver9

Beaver9 Heavy Load Member

Jun 15, 2020
    Did you set up a PO BOX for your payments?

My mail has gone missing. It hurts when it's your checks being lost.

Recently I got DL for someone else. Delivered it personally next street to mine. I got another letter not belonging to us at my address. I guess I will make a trip to the post office. It's one thing the mail is delayed. Other, when it's dropped off at wrong addresses.
    One check is lost for over a week now.

A few brokers falling behind with their payments. On top of that my mail isn't arriving once the checks are cut lately. The post office must be short stuffed, with new people in training.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    USPS is a joke. I UPS for all my mailing needs. I also don't do many paper checks anymore either. I prefer electronic payments. If you're a sole proprietor, you'll probably still be stuck using your home address for all the license and insurance related things though.

shooter19802003 Thanks this.
  4. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Holiday rush etc. Temp workers also.

5. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Yes, mail is running slower and slower. I lean towards brokers with ACH or a very cheap quickpay, like 2% or less just so I'm not floating so much money.

6. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    Yes.

Again, I got a letter that didn't belong to my address. I took it personally to the post office, second time this week. They have new employees I was told in training. One thing a holiday card goes missing, another when your checks are delivered who knows where..

Two payments mailed about ten days ago in the same state I'm in haven't arrived. Checking mail everyday...
    Hoping, I will get it by the end of the week.

Never want factoring, but this month it is either brokers not paying or mail being lost. Never had that happened at the same time.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  7. azheavyduty

azheavyduty Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    My business ships around 200 packages per week. USPS Priority and FedEx Ground - we have totally given up on UPS. We find USPS is better than FedEx for ontime successful delivery. Out of 8000 packages last year, USPS lost 2, 10 delivered more than a week late. 2000 FedEx, 5 lost, 4 delivered more than a week late. We had many more problems with UPS, last straw was a $1000 overnight to Hawaii that took 6 days.

86scotty and Vitkouski Thank this.
  8. Beaver9

Jun 15, 2020
    UPS lost my package too this year. I'm glad it was a return to Amazon. Amazon gave me a full refund.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.