Mainline Transport out of Roselle, IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by joeyCapone, Mar 23, 2017.

1. joeyCapone

joeyCapone Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Just a heads up. Mainline Transportation is a small common carrier out of Roselle, Il. The Guys name is Jim and he has his own authority, runs it out of his Home. He Runs Regional Teams basically throughout the South-SouthWest, Dry Van, no HazMat. I worked there for a few Months with a Co-Driver that was rather difficult to say the least, and for anyone who has done Teams, you know how important it is for your Co driver to be ensync with you. Anywayz, was willing to put up with the Guys BS, but out of no where, Freight got really tight and Jim had me on Standby for about 2 Weeks before I just stopped checking in with him and moved on. I could go on, but the Truth is, I was looking for another job anyways, I didnt like the Team Operation, or my Co-Driver(Claimed he was a Trainor at TMC, also clamed he was an Ex Con, last I checked TMC was rather Picky, never verified the story), so it worked out regardless. I never really found out the reason he played this game, (he told me the Second Week to give him a few more days, that I would be back to working, guy swore up and down and that he was going to fife the other guy, just needed to find me another co-Driver and if he found one or not I would head out by weeks end alone if need be, then the day came, he had a Story, so I moved on) but I should have know something was up when I first started(My First Day), my supposed Co-Driver at that Time, never showed up( so that first week I went out alone),when I had met the guy for the first and last time a few days earlier. There were consistent little lies that I kept catching, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He never screwed me out of Money, but I think he just needed lower caliber Drivers and knew I wasn't sticking around. Either way, he couldve communicated the issues with me, point is, be carefull if you go work for him. Its a good operation if you are between jobs and just need something quick to get back on your feet payed $1350 on a 1099, no bennies obviously, but nothing to make stable. FYI: He Texted me a few weeks later asking me If I was working, I simply did not reply.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    At least ya got paid, so many do not.

TB John, Grouch and sevenmph Thank this.
  4. joeyCapone

joeyCapone Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Yes, I have read about that. Luckily for me that wasnt the case here.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. MitchTrucker85

MitchTrucker85 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2022
    I worked there in 2017 as well with a old school dude who was a big ### crybaby never again will I team ever and Jimmy is stupid he screwed me outta money and then never listened to my story just sided with douche bag fired me then made me wait 8 days for a mailed check and called me a worry wort for worrying about not getting my check it's not a worry thing jimmy it's a making sure thing and you're lucky because you and I both know drivers get around I was actually up there not.long ago Jimmy right by you're house scoping.you out and I shoulda done it I should have done it but I didn't you're lucky Jimmy you see Jimmy is another company who thinks all we do is drive and we don't defend ourselves in any kinda way and to the guy I road with that's why you was scared and didn't so squat Jimmy is always hiring and wants you to team and wonders why you get hung up on won't be long Jimmy boy won't be long

6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  7. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    That dang Jimmy....

Chieftains, Lonesome and mjd4277 Thank this.
  8. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014

9. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I'd stay away from fly by night operations

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    But how does one know that said operation is indeed a "fly by night", unless one get's involved with said operation?

TB John Thanks this.
  11. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    1. Jimmy
    2. Mailbox lettering
    3. No escrow required!

Lonesome and mjd4277 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.