Major Hurricane Florence Landfalling Hatteras Light NC

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I put up wind description for Wilmington NC today about 7 hours ago.

That is now invalid.

The Eye of Florence will pass approximately to the north and east of Wilmington and then to the west and north approximately. The storm chart has changed to include Jackson KY, Knoxville TN Atlanta GA and Gettysburg PA. One model shows Lynchburg getting 15 inches of rain by sunday which is flat unacceptable. If the college lake dam fails after being damaged in the last round of rain, the entire City of Lynchburg will flood in 17 minutes deep enough to be impassable.

These two are the new updated wind charts for Wilmington NC Metro downtown core. Without further ado.

Wilmington Wind boost 1.jpg

Wilmington Wind Boost 2.jpg

frizzbees, NavigatorWife and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Poaching the Lat Long off the NHC advisory of 11PM two hours ago just prior to landfall at expected 130 mph at the eyewall and close to it (About 30 miles across)

There may be some changes to actual who gets it for the landfall but after tomorrow night it should be pretty clear who will be getting it real soon then.

Hurricane conditions will exist on the coast 46 hours from now and will for some time. The forecasted latlong position is roughly 60 miles plus or minus 10 from North Topsail Beach NC.

Position prior landfall.jpg

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    This is a Sentinel 3 image taken by about afternoon of 9-11 Tuesday. You can see the bubbling rising clouds all around the eye saying it's really getting stronger (And bigger overall eventually believe it or not)

Several sources don't know what to do with this monster. I think it's going to park over say roughly I-40 at I-81 and then spend a few days spinning down like a childs top on the floor until it dies.

I reckon that means money for many of you OTR trucking. They are fixing to cry for everything from the rest of the USA right quick.

Source Link credit to same for image. Additional information embedded within regarding this storm.

620 miles to go. 19 mph rocking and rolling as it were. Some are even thinking that it will screech to a halt between Wilmington and Morehead City and raise all kinds of holy....

Copernicus EU on Twitter

Sentinel3 911 PM.jpg

Dave_in_AZ and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    They just showed a map of the huricane with 4 OH state images overlayed on top of it, they pretty well filled the area.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That turn in front of Wilmington is going to be a real problem. I think the south will have to get up put down the mint julieps and pay attention to this thing. SC seemed to have been all over this storm from the beginning.

We will just have to be flexible and roll with the hits.

NHC releases it's 4 am advisory

HURRICANE FLORENCE

8. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Not sure how getting caught in the outer bands of this hurricane will be but im not amused dispatch is sending me back to baltimore to try to beat this thing out.

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I forgot about that dam

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Pray for those in this path and all of the people who have had to evacuate the areas.

11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    The page I linked to in an earlier post has a Play arrow at the bottom for a predictive timeline.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.