major milk company bankrupt

Discussion in 'Other News' started by buddyd157, Nov 12, 2019.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Lol I drink a couple gallons of whole milk a week at least .

Finfn1372, Dennixx and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    perhaps, if one drank it with every meal and in between. in moderation, it’s not an issue. i’m not skinny, but it certainly isn’t from whole milk haha.

FlaSwampRat and bzinger Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you're lucky that you can STILL drink it

i used to love putting ice cubes in mine, or make chocolate milk, or coffee milk. i used to like cereal and milk.

but as some of us age, we can no longer tolerate it. can't recall when i had to give it up, but i'd be guessing when i was in my 50's.??

FlaSwampRat and bzinger Thank this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I like chocolate milk and sometimes I usually go for strawberry flavored milk(typically 2% lowfat) but unfortunately I can’t drink too much due to lactose intolerance,which kinda blows!!
    Shame about Dean Foods,between them and Oberweis they have some of the best milk around.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Milk has been highly unprofitable for a while even with all the subsidies.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    Love 1%,Ohio Walmart's have the cheapest milk I've seen.

96 cents for a half gallon,and 1.69 for a gallon,around where I live in Carolina,it goes for about 4.00.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Whole milk is comes from the cow 97% fat FREE. Its full of good fat proteins that your body actually uses for burning energy. Reduced fat milk is basically cloudy water and offers little to no health advantage.

My opinion, whole raw milk is the only way to go.

Grew up on pasteurized skim, grandma used to buy 2%. After moving out i went to whole milk, then after milk hauling and seeing farmers drink their own cows milk.... i questioned it and made the switch about 4 years ago. Now my family only drinks raw. Tried pasturized a few times since and its a joke. Might as well drink almond milk.

Whole raw goats milk is an even better option as lactose intolerant people can drink it regularly. On that statement, a few studies have found that lactose intolerance is because pasteurized milk loses most of what milk should be. And the human gut doesnt know how to process pasteurized milk.

In many cases, lactose intolerant people could consume raw milk regularly because it has the proteins, bacteria etc that your gut actually needs to be healthy.

haz-matguru Thanks this.
  9. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Have to be careful drinking raw milk. It might have bacteria that makes you sick.
    Raw Milk: Do Its Benefits Outweigh the Dangers?
    [​IMG]
    Written by Caroline Hill, MHumNutr, BSc on June 30, 2018

10. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Undulant Fever is caused by brucella abortus bacteria, which has been addressed first by pasteurization and vaccination for the disease in young heifers, called calfhood vaccination.

11. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

If you have a good licensed supplier that does their job correctly, the risk is small.

You have a better chance of getting listeria, salmonella, e coli from vegetables, fruit and meat than you do from drinking raw milk. We have outbreaks all year long all over the U.S. these are just the ones that made the cdc. I remember last year and the year before all the romaine lettuce being recalled because of bacteria issues.

1993-2012 was the last reported cdc outbreak from raw milk.
    If i recall correctly the outbreak was part from a mass production raw milk farm supplier in California and they were hit with so many sanitary violations, not sure how they survived.

I personally have never heard of a farmer getting sick from drinking their own cows milk. The old saying must be true, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :)

Screenshot_20200413-155929_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200413-160617_Chrome.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.