Makes a Mack Look Like A Tonka

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Nitemare13, Nov 17, 2015.

1. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Current is a '15, MP8 445 hp, 12 spd M-Drive, 14k front 40K rears, all Mack driveline. I want the '16 heavy haul spc'd CH that Bruckners in Commerce City has, boss chuckled at the price.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wattie411

Wattie411 Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    For the last 10 years until April this year I ran a 1998 E7 460 day cab. It was a 4 axle with a 53' triaxle detach permitted to 120,000. I know there were some days I had it over 150,000 though. Moving excavators and other const eq in and around town. Lot of downtown Chattanooga work for a while. I miss moving eq a lot. Sad thing is though that old worn out E7 rode better than the 2012 pinnacle I pull tanks with now.

4. Wattie411

Wattie411 Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Cousin vinney are you from Australia? The shows I've seen on you tube makes it look like the laws there are a lot different. Well and most of the trailers have 8 or more axles. Like a fully dressed D10 dozer. That would be 8 or more loads in the U.S.

5. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    Not Australia, i'm in New Jersey but my company specializes in heavy haul. I actually came from the yellow iron auction industry and saw a D10 at the Kissimmee auction in Florida a few years back. They hauled it in two separate loads, chassis and blade. Not sure how far the move was however. While we do have more strict environmental regulations than AU (e.g., our Titans with MP10's are rated 605hp max, in AU they push out 685hp) when it comes to moving superloads we can get away with some massive stuff as well. It really depends on the roads, you'll see the massive dual-lane stuff further out west. Over here on the east coast we pretty much can't get away with anything beyond 25' wide due to the way the roads are designed. I know some company in PA moved a 30' wide piece years back but that was just a local job. Weight restrictions are another big issue you really don't have to deal with in AU outside of the urban areas.

6. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Are you the same Vinny who used to post on Heavy Equipment Forums, with some great photos? Name rings a bell, or maybe it's just my brain rattling inside of my head?

7. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    Nah wasn't me, i'm not a commercial driver I actually run the tech department for my company. I'm a big kid that loves trucks and have a lot of friends who are commercial drivers. I spend time in this forum so that I can understand the driver's viewpoint and the industry as a whole in order to be more effective in my decision making.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.