Marijuana Legalization and DOT

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by moloko, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    The horse meat is from the dog food plant but the skunk smell is from all the grow warehouses just east of Purina. theres lots of different smells in that area like the oil refinery off of 270. Frito Lay off of Havana. although sometimes the weed can over power the chips being made.

moloko Thanks this.
  2. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I like horse meat, free range, along with deer, elk, dog, rabbit, lynx, bobcat

Milkman719 and moloko Thank this.
  3. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Speaking of horse meat. I am going to need the DOT's clarification on how they feel about horse meat. They need to test for people who eat horse meat and keep those people off our roads. Surely those individuals who indulge in horse meat are sick and mentally unstable. They need to do psychological tests on those drivers like show them black ink blots and ask them probing questions like, "does this one make you feel homicidal?" They need to make it a mandatory screening criteria actually, like "sleep study" is for obese people.

4. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I’m pretty sure horse steak is a thing in Canada.

5. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    If you are really hungry you will eat just about anything, just look at the Donner party and those early explorers, they always came back with a few less explorers and were looking well fed.

IluvCATS and moloko Thank this.
  6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    As an Uber/Lyft driver, I've picked up 4 or 5 drivers from truckstops in the Denver area and taken them to dispensaries. Truthfully, I find myself quite torn on this one. On one hand, having a CDL I understand the law, the rules, and the ramifications therein. On the other hand, it is legal to purchase for someone over the age of 21. I could, within my rights notify the drivers company of this behavior, and actually in one case did contact a large fleet and give them the truck/trailer number and tell them what went on (the driver had a placarded load). I have also seen the uptick in the number of trucks that have been stopped for possession, and it's disturbing the number of drivers who can't be bothered to follow the law.

AfterShock and Milkman719 Thank this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California
    If a driver is obviously impaired he should be turned in. I think we owe that to ourselves.

For the rest of them, time and random drug tests will take care of the dummies that think they can dope and drive.

The DOT cops in the states with recent legalization are very tuned in to the problem. The cops in the states that border the legalized states are watching extra hard, too.

Maxgussam and wrongwaytommy Thank this.
  8. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    I passed up a Bay Area scale house not too long ago and saw several trucks pulled into secondary. In a brief glimpse while I passed by at 55 MPH, I looked through the window and saw someone in a white lab coat standing right with the Highway Patrol. My first thought was they are doing randoms...

AfterShock Thanks this.
  9. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    Will only be time before they start doing that on everyone driving including cars.

10. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Gotta tax the peasants to pay for war... I mean freedom.

Badmon and pmdriver Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted