'Mark of the Beast' drives away Amish

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    'Mark of the Beast' drives away Amish

8/19/07
    BLANCHARD -- Glen Mast doesn't own a computer, doesn't want one, but he and other Amish farmers complain the state Department of Agriculture is insisting they tag their cattle with electronic chips in violation of their religious beliefs.
    State agriculture officials say the radio frequency chips are necessary to track animal diseases and protect public health. Mast and other Amish farmers say the chips' 15-digit number is the Mark of the Beast warned of in the Bible's book of Revelation.
    "We're a people who are inclined to mind our own business," Mast said, sitting in the wood shop he operates without electricity on his Isabella County farm. His small herd of dairy cows lounged in the shade of the barn. Across the road, one of his sons raked hay with a team of horses. "We're never happier than when we're just left alone," Mast said. "That's all we're asking."
    All over Michigan, Amish farmers are resisting the state program requiring that all cattle be tagged with the electronic chips before they can be sold. Some say they will quit farming if it comes to it. Some say they will leave the state. mlive continues

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Not all of the Amish still hold to these strick beliefs. Many in PA are now online and are prospering as businesses, even selling authentic Amish merchandice online.

LB

4. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Good example! You know what is going to unite this world under a 'New World Order,' economies!!! And for efficient economy transactions, chips (just like barcodes) will be a good idea!! Cant you just see it?! It's all 'good business.'.......ha ha:biggrin_25525:

5. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    This reminds me of a religious program I listened to up in WI driving a car. Eventually, society will want to place chips in our bodies that could be read with a scanner, it would do away with cash and credit cards , everyone would have an identity with accounts attached to it. I have read some fiction along the same lines as well:biggrin_2554:.

6. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    "Eventually?" You're a bit behind the times. :biggrin_25513:

7. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Well, I don't have one and I don't know anyone that claims to have one, they have a palm reader at work but the drivers don't have to do that yet.

Lighten up, I heard that program a couple of years ago, I read those stories a couple of decades ago, I'm older than dirt according to most young people that wonder how old I am:biggrin_25525:.

8. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They have lots of loop holes to break their religious stands
    But there are some who still live the life and should be left to do so!!!!

9. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Oh I agree, I was just saying some of them are turning out to be quite shrewd business men. I grew up in Pennsylvania Dutch country. Lots of Amish. Used to get fresh whole milk and eggs from them all the time. You can't buy better milk anywhere!

LB

10. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    On military bases, you can't keep a pet on base unless they have one of those RF chips in their neck because too many people abandon pets when they have to move. This way if they find a stray and they have a chip, they can track down and punish the people who abandon them.

LB

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, I know 2 families in the area I make deliveries in that have pay phones in the woods near their homes. They can use phones. They just can't have them in the house.

I doubt that. There may be people engaging in that sort of thing on their behalf though. There's a store near me that sells Amish-built furniture and other stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.