Marker relay trips after 10 minutes

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Hertz309, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Hertz309

Hertz309 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    my marker light trips after I have them on for 10 minutes, I've changed relays and they won't reset anymore. Using a test light there is actually no power on the positive side of the marker relay box on the fuse box, guessing either a wrecked wire of the back of the fuse panel or wondering if anyone else has any ideas.. it did this 6 months ago with a different set of trailers so I'm guessing the problem is in the truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    IF I understand what you are saying - there is no power supply at the relay, to terminal 30 on the relay, then I suspect you have a breaker style fuse on the power supply to the relay. Find the fuse for that relay, replace it and recheck power supply to relay, also check that the ground for the circuit is in good working order.

4. Hertz309

Hertz309 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2017
    The relay regained its power over night and this morning the lights ran for an hour this morning with the trailer cord unplugged at the truck.. I'm wondering is there another relay somewhere (dash, under the hood) for the marker lights that is getting weak?

5. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    See post #2

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.