Market Transport Portland Oregon

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Scooter Jones, Jul 18, 2011.

1. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    I passed my one year anniversary at Market. There are plenty of pros: nice people, trusting management, friendly, helpful people in the shop, paid on time, the trailers tandems all slide without a battle, nice Volvo trucks w/ automatic transmissions. Healthcare thru Kaiser is a very much appreciated option.

However, like with any company, there are some annoying bits: the "getting to pop in at home" thing has become a rarity; DMs are under a lot of pressure to run their drivers >9000 miles/month which can be difficult to attain. Simply put, life gets in the way of their 9000 mile goal, and I rarely hit it. That means that my pay is lower, because you get a 3 cent per mile bonus when you exceed 9000 miles. On the other hand, a good work/life balance is very important to me. So after one year, I am staying on, at least for now.

Rubberduckin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Congrats on making a year. You've lasted longer than I did with that dm, Bob. ;-)

I know a guy named Dino who is leaving Market after a few years and is heading over to T&S I guess. Looking for that greener grass ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted