Marten Implements Driver Pay Program for Shorter Hauls

Discussion in 'Marten' started by rookietrucker, Aug 21, 2009.

1. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    Marten Implements Driver Pay Program for Shorter Hauls

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1laidbacktrucker

1laidbacktrucker Medium Load Member

May 3, 2009
    CHATTANOOGA TN
    How much do the long hauler get paid now

4. MadMaxSC

MadMaxSC Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Well, I'm going to orientation next Tuesday for national otr. According to the recruiter (hahaha) with my 2years exp, my scale will be .335-.355 while in per diem, after per diem is maxed .36-.38.
    Not as great as I had hoped but not as bad as some I've looked into..read good and bad about them but I wasn't born yesterday, every company will have that..beat the heck out of the local companies I checked into.. :/

5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I was making 32 cpm in 1973. Ain't making that now.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  6. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    I looked into Marten, do you mean since going to this fair pay plan they lowered the pay? Can someone clarify?

7. riddlemethis

riddlemethis Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Where are you going to orientation at MadMax?

8. MadMaxSC

MadMaxSC Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Franklin Park, Ga.
    I don't know if they lowered pay it or not, it doesn't seem to be just that they've made the per diem mandatory...seems that every company that pays per diem pays a reduced rate on the applicatable per diem pay..idk why just the way it seems..supposedly the net effect even with a reduced cpm will be more in our checks..at least that's the way it was explained to me a few years ago..hope this helps but I haven't been on per diem in awhile and I may not have fully understood it then but frankly it doesn't really matter to me because even the per diem pay is at least .03cpm or more than any local company I've checked into around Charleston..and .02 more than Celadon is paying..

9. MadMaxSC

MadMaxSC Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    The Fair Pay plan, if I remember correctly from last week when I looked at it, is their sliding pay scale..in my case.. .36-.38 (.335-.355 per diem) depending on length of load, the shorter the load, the higher the cpm.

10. MadMaxSC

MadMaxSC Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    yea pretty sad isn't it...36 years later and we're still making the same.. :/ Sounds like the d*$n auto parts business I was in for 23 years before saying screw it and getting my CDL..

How sad is that..even with pay as low as it is now, with "decent" miles I can make more money in a year driving a rig than I could running a $15M distribution center with 38 employees and 20 pickup trucks with 20+years auto parts management experience.. :biggrin_25511:

11. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    Sounds like a pay cut to me. When they offered me employment it said I would start at .39 cents a mile. Now that they've instituted this fair pay scale it looks like it has gone down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.