Marten Transport May Not be for you!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by truxpen, Aug 14, 2012.

If you are Currently a driver or use to drive for Marten do you agree w/ this forum?

1. *

Strongly Disagree

6.3%
  2. *

Disagree

12.5%
  3. *

Neutral

50.0%
  4. *

Agree

18.8%
  5. *

Strongly Agree

37.5%
  1. mustanglover

mustanglover Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Jersey city,New Jersey
    @ hurst i do see alot of poor grammar and miss spellings in your post.Sort of like the kettle calling the pot black.So why is it so important to have perfect grammar on a forum where your trying to get information and help from other people.Who cares if you spell a word wrong or forget to put a period.What i learned in life is the only thing that really matters is if you can count.Some doctors,lawyers,actors,billionares cant spell but i bet they can count.Remember its not that serious your just like everyone else on here.When you pull up to a shipper in their eyes your just a "DUMB TRUCKER".

JUST MY .02 Treat people how you want to be treated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starvintrucker

starvintrucker Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Post replaced with quote post.

4. starvintrucker

starvintrucker Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I don't. Companies have been causing their own grief and 'driver shortage' with their shoddy business practices and greed. Marten shot themselves in the foot during the slump of '09. I'd been driving there for 5 years and got let go for begging/pleading/complaining for more work to do. I didn't think 1800 miles a week was fair. I had a lousy dispatcher who was lazy and never checked her information or messages or answered her phone...

I did learn a valuable lesson though: Don't expect to be treated decently by a large company with shareholders. You are a NUMBER, pure and simple, and if YOUR numbers aren't where they want them, no matter the reason (lazy dispatcher for instance), you are GONE. I ended up unemployed for over a year over that crap. I DID however appreciate being paid to play World of Warcraft and Eve Online for said year (they were forced to pay unemployment compensation for wrongful termination). So OP has a couple of points... but scores a BIG EPIC FAIL over the beer load, sorry dude.

5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

If what I said is construed as blasting someone then I apologize. It was not meant to be derogatory. But rather just an educated suggestion.

As for my own grammar,.. typos abound in many of my ramblings. But I try not to make it a habit.

Hurst

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I dont know why, but when someone either ignorantly or willfully types out a barely legible rant, it really bothers me. Its sort of like when I was in grade school and the teacher would erase the chalk board and miss a few pieces. That one little piece he missed would eat at me until I asked him to please remove it. I've been told I try to hard to be a perfectionist. Though as you plainly see,. I am not.

I just like to think that we as truckers can do a better job vs doing 'just enough' to satisfy the masses. That includes proof reading your own post here to make sure its at least comprehensible.

As I already stated,.. I was not trying to bash the OP. It was meant to be a helpful suggestion. I myself make many typos when I ramble on in here, especially if I am posting after a long run and doing it just before I hit the rack. But I do often go back and hit that edit button to correct the typos that I do catch.

I guess maybe if more people made an effort It wouldnt bother me as much. Whether you guys care about proper grammar or not does bother me. I think it reflects on society as a whole. I notice that people are very lazy when it comes to certain things. They look for an easy way out. Thats why many people chose trucking in the first place (The misconception that all we do is just drive from one place to another (Steering wheel holders)) . I think there is a direct correlation between proper grammar and a successful trucker. Thats just my opinion.

Hurst

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  7. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az

:biggrin_25518:.........

8. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Edited:

NM,.. would just stir the pot.

I bow out.

9. Royburker

Royburker Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Springfield, VA
    from your writing i feel for you yet i think ur being particular. for example pulling beer, i hear ya man but its the job of truck driver u know..take it without chatter is my recommendation..Further, regarding Refers i wud say just do it...i know there noisy and a pain but still its a drivers job..i think ya gotta play ball with em man..i hate to sound like a yes man but really its there game. they can make or break ya..best to stick with any company longer then shorter. We cant be hopping from one job to another. Its about attitude too, family life an truck drivng wont work for OTRs, go local then or consistent regional. Just my 2 cents...good luck with it..im sure all will pan out...

10. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az

-insert name- Thanks this.
  11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Best part about this post? You spelled Mastertech wrong!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.