Marten Transportation SUCKS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by shdwman, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Not to mention that 100 miles comes out to either 1.8 HOURS of extra work which you are NOT getting paid for OR 1.75 OR 2 hours OFF of your log book which is stealing from you OR $30. at $.30 a mile (just a guesstimate!) I fricking guarantee that if they were to STEAL either of those two items from me a tire would have a catastrophic failure! AND I would be sure that the load was LATE due to a small problem of hours vs time vs miles! If it's going to cost me it darn sure is going to cost them in one way or another! And they WILL pay more than I lost! I do NOT work for free and that's what these moron are doing to you!

They can play their games all they want but I guarantee you after reading this or being told some bull crapola like this in orientation I would not even put a key in the door of a POS on their lot!

No wonder truckers are being thought of a stupid and have no respect driving for idiots like Martin and others that couldn't drive their own equipment or get a load anywhere if they tried!

When are you people going to figure it out that you keep morons like the owner of Martin in business by following stupid rules like this that steal out of your pocket as that time to drive out of route AND the loss of pay on miles is worth something and if you think it isn't then you deserve to lose what they steal from you because for those extra miles and time then they are thrives for a better way to describe them!

You drivers have the power to put these BOTTOM FEEDERS out of business by NOT hiring on with them! GROW A BACKBONE and walk out and go try for something a little better!

Once these BFI's figure out that you hold the cards to them staying in business and having a home to live in then drivers lives and standard of living will be better than a paid slave!

drvrtech77, mommadonna and zentrucking Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mightymike

mightymike Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Southeast,USA
    Oh believe me, I'm applying every chance I get, but where I live is limited in options, and I have child support. Normally I could get a new job in a second, but with this economy, it has been really tough. So I'm just doing the best I can riding this nightmare out well aware that they could try to ruin my reputation through DAC, or try to strand me far from home,when I do finally leave.

Yes I was snookered, but once hired, if you quit you get no unemployment.
    I consider myself a pretty bright guy, but even I was fooled with the per diem package, and I've taken accounting in college, and have worked for Jackson Hewitt doing others taxes. (in the early 90's before the current law)

I'm not trying to push myself of as an account. I'm just saying if I could get fooled, so could many others.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Here I have been scolded in here for saying that the per diem plans these scum bag CEO's and Companies and idiots who dream these scams up are working for the drivers! They have nothing to to to help the driver out but everything to give big business a break! Not to mention these loser owners and CEO's! Put them in a truck, duct tape their arses to the seat and forget about them for a few weeks as they try to live our lives as we see it and not through those booze filled eyes they see it as!

I do believe if enough drivers would write that POS POTUS a letter then these scams that are actually stealing not only from the drivers but from the gooberment would stop!

The same with these double dipping hire and train programs then boot them out the door for some stupid reason that every driver will make while learning this trade just to get another in the door and drink at the gooberment trough!

Trucking, The cess pool of American workers coming out into full light!
    BlueBird helping to lead the pack!

rachi and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. River

River Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Sheboygan, WI
    Randy may be a gentleman, but most of his underlings are not. I worked for Marten, the pay is ok at best, if you can get the miles. They may be ok if you're an o/o, but for company drivers, they stink on ice. You can check my older posts for details. Marten Transport does suck, second only to Swift for company drivers. Their primary concern is ##### in the seats, not a quality work environment. Once they have you in their trucks, you are at the mercy of poorly trained, apathetic, iron-fisted, understaffed driver managers whose concern is not your well being, but their own. They will leave you hanging over and over again. At one time, they may have been a quality employer, now, they're all about their shareholders and have a very high turnover rate. They have no qualms about lying to you. They're quite fascist in their relationships with company drivers.

6. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Randy a Gentleman? Now that's funny

7. mightymike

mightymike Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Southeast,USA
    I heard Jesse James (the Bank Robber) was a gentleman too.

8. mommadonna

mommadonna Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Illinois
    I am the wife of a driver currently working for Marten Transportation. As soon as we can he is getting out of there! He sits for hours each week waiting for loads and paperwork which he was told was ready to be picked up. When he gets there voila of course nothing is ready!!!Either the trailers are not there, or they just haven't gotten around to it, and who knows when or if they will. He is constatly hunting trailers from other lots several miles out of his way, burning up his hours of computer monitored drive time. Then he gets told that he is on probation because of too many log violations! Could that be because they need to pull their heads out of the sand or are they as dumb as they look? You tell me. He missed the birth of his first grand babies because his dispatcher had him sitting in a rail yard where most of their work is, a couple hours away from home and his daughter. She kept him out for 2 and 1/2 weeks. by that time the boys were released from the hospital (thank God), but he went through his own hell worrying about her and the boys! (Family oriented I think not!) And the per diem pay scale is a joke! 19 cents per mile and 16 cents per diem. When you spend unpaid hours and miles shaggging trailers, waiting to get loaded, waiting hours in a shop to get comcheck info to pay for tire repair. Who is the looser there? My husband is not new to the driving industry. We have been involved with trucking for almost 20 years. This is by far the worst company he has worked for in a long time. We thought they were a good company, boy were we wrong. When the management changed, well you know what happens. We are sinking fast! Good luck to those of you who give them a shot! My personal recomendation Run away and do not look back! Run as fast as you can!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well I completely understAnd. The issue with log violations,that's on the driver he should know what his hrs Are.

10. ezpickins624

ezpickins624 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2007
    See....countless casualties here at marten transport. Look on youtube and type... "marten putting their freight on rail"..........remember..marten..the graveyard of suckers

11. ezpickins624

ezpickins624 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2007
    your a very miserable person...huh?.....your life is very tough and unfair......i hope life for you gets better. You think you are all that by being insensitive to others behind a keyboard.......you find it hard for others to like you......you cant make them like you....change your attitude

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.