Matrix logistics inc. VERY DISHONEST COMPANY !!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by CPetroff81, Mar 3, 2021.

1. CPetroff81

CPetroff81 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2021
    Honestly, I was !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CPetroff81

Mar 3, 2021
    Schaumburg IL, chicagoland area.

12 ga Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Non competes are not enforceable .

Lonesome and TB John Thank this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    They have 45 days after you leave until they return any escrow money, as specified by the Truth in Leasing Act. I would contact OOIDA and ask them how to file a complaint with the FMCSA on this.

12 ga Thanks this.
  6. CPetroff81

Mar 3, 2021
    I left that company last year, till 2 weeks ago I had no idea that they will not return my money. I do not know if OOIDA will help me in any way, or FMCSA.. but I will call them and I will ask. Thank you :)

CellNet Thanks this.
  7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    FMCSA couldn’t care less about your money issues. That’s not their authority. They only care that you make sure your valve stems have metal caps on them.

OOIDA is organization comprised of owner ops. Their charter is to advocate for owner ops. They can tell you what steps to take.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. CPetroff81

Mar 3, 2021
    Thank you :)

9. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    I find this to be a very interesting thread, because I don't remember this exact situation being presented here before. My confusion is really based on what is exactly the motivation of the employer.
    • First, I have never heard of any employer trying to put a non compete clause on someone as they are going out the door. And this includes all industries and occupations. Most employers that do a non compete advise the employee during pre-employment or day one. And for the most part they have valid reasons for a non compete situation.
    • This employer even using the term non compete is sounding pretty shaky. Usually this type of situation has to have very specific limitations within the agreement such as geographical, expiration of the clause, etc.
    • It would be interesting to see this company's proposed clause, I suspect it is some kind of internet crap.
    • And lastly, what is the motivation for the company to pull this stunt as someone is walking away. For some reason I don't feel like they are really into as much enforcing the policy as they are just trying to scare the employee to walking away and leaving the money on the table.
    Just my opinion.

10. CPetroff81

Mar 3, 2021
    That is the case, they did not wanted me to quit, but I did, and now they are looking for ways to not pay me my money, I did talk to a attorney about is and his advice was, " forget about it and move on" the attorney fee will be more then matrix owe me, so Im not happy, but it looks like I do not have many opptions in this situation, I can only share with more people so less truckers will go true my situation.

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  11. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Did the attorney not ask to see a blank copy of the proposed clause? Fair warning, not all lawyers are made equal. Did he offer a price to have him send a letter on your behalf threating legal action?
    Not sure how small claims court works in your jurisdiction (monetary limits, legal areas that they will/will not cover), but that might be an option. Usually cost very little on your part.
    If you haven't already, get a copy of this non compete clause. If you walk into their office and they put you under duress to sign or not sign immediately, odds are with all the legal language you will have no idea what you are looking at. Heck, post it on this forum redacting anything that mentions this particular company under the heading "I found this on the internet, what do you guys think"?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.