maverick weekend pay cuts

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by tenfo, May 23, 2009.

1. tenfo

tenfo Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    knoxville, tn
    maverick policy for getting stuck away from home has changed , you were paid for 800 miles when left out ,now you get paid 150.00 and that is if your lucky... they have still managed to find away to knock you out of any pay at all ......my husband has been left out for the second weekend in a row !!! and want get any pay not even the 150.00 because friday at 430 they sent him his next load which was only 65 miles away, but he can not pick it up till monday.. This is major savings for maverick....and major paycut for the drivers..... my husband works hard , always delivers on time, watches his fuel miles and this is the thanks he gets,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    What else has maverick done since I left a few years ago. I've never had a bad thing to say about them. Truck used to run 70, which is faster than most trucks on the road. You had to watch fuel mileage but I liked having the extra pedal to pass with rather than some companies that have slowed to trucks down to low sixties and I've seen on here where some are down to the fifties. If they are still set at 70 that should be considered also. They could always slow the trucks way down and then you loose miles.

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    When I left them (about a month ago) My truck was still set at 70, but they have a PC program on the truck. You don't get the fuel mileage they want and your truck gets cut back automaticly. When it goes back up you get your pedal back.

5. teampitts3

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
  6. teampitts3

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    How where the miles over there when you left. I personally love pulling flats, but no one has miles right now.

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    There at the end it was getting rough. I used to get home on weekends and make good money. Started getting hung out 3 weeks at a time and my pay kept dropping.

8. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    NoTarps, What up? Sorry to hear you had to leave. Doing pretty good getting decent miles and home most weekends. Good luck with whatever you are doing. HH

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    When I slept there at NLR the night before I turned my truck in there was a driver I was talking too that was still getting good miles. Don't know I fell through the cracks somehow. Just not in to getting hung out 3 weeks a stretch and seeing my check shrinking. I still have only good things to say about them. Just had to make a move for the best interest of my family. Still dragging a board behind me.

10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    what are you doin now notarps???

KH

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.