mavericks regional div.

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by homerhardfart, Mar 18, 2009.

1. homerhardfart

homerhardfart Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2009
    springfield,tn
    can anybody enlighten me on what the regional division is like. seems all ive read about is the specialized and the longhaul divisions. i live in nashville and just got called to see if i still wanted to work for maverick. put in app. weeks ago. faxed in my release today for the background check. just wondering if i can get decent miles, 2400-2800 awk. any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoosierHunter

HoosierHunter Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Grabill,In
    You probably will not get that many miles right now. I'm averaging around 2k. I am in the US divsion, live in northern Indiana and get home almost every week-end I have had some drivers who live further south complain about being hung out but with the economy that is going to happen. Been treated good so far they pretty much do as they say. Good outfit in my opinion.

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I would think that nashville you would not be regional, but US div. I am US and you are not far from me.

5. homerhardfart

Mar 12, 2009
    springfield,tn
    well i would rather do regional, but im guessing that will be determined after orientation. im just going by what monica said. anyway im not supposed to be in orientation until april 19 or 26. monica stated regional so thats all i know for now. ive been driving linehaul (doubles) for 10 years at saia in nashville and got laid off. after 10 years! so i started my driving career flatbedding amybe ill finish it this way. so good to get back to work, sitting around the house is driving me crazy. thanks for the reply tho. kinda excited about doing something differtent.

6. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Most of the regionals are down south, but it doesn't matter what div they will bounce you anywhere for a load.

7. homerhardfart

Mar 12, 2009
    springfield,tn
    no worries! just need to work right. ive been on these maverick board for days trying to get some feedback. looks to me like they had some rough times last 2 years but are starting to emerge from to many negative vibes. sometimes new drivers dont know what to expect out here and get all jammed up then rip the hand that feeds them, probably out of frustration. im very fortunate, ive got an awesome support system at home, which is soo important these days. im sure whatever they throw my way ill be okay. western ky ? where abouts? paducah?

8. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yep, I am in that neck of the woods. I run with several in this area. We will probably cross paths. You live in a good area for them. It has been only recently that I have been getting hung out. Most of the time I am home every weekend.

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    A lot of the bad vibes you are getting is from new drivers tearing stuff up. Hitting something 5 or 6 times and blaming maverick for firing them. Or getting poor fuel mileage and not being able to bring it up.

10. homerhardfart

Mar 12, 2009
    springfield,tn
    exactly my point. you seem knowledgable about maverick, how long have you pulled for them? monica said after orientation my assigned truck could be anywhere, that they would fly me to it. she also said they dont want drivers messing with putting cb's in and the mechanics would do it. is this true? if so how about inverters? also , whats the chance of getting a new mattress. the thought of sleeping on somebody elses nasty mattress is repulsive at best. just wondering. be safe.

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I been with them 2 years or so. Yeah they want them doing the wiring. The first truck I had with them they changed my end on my CB to match theirs. Next truck I got I just plugged it in. I don't use a inverter. They charge to put it in. Once they install it they do not charge to put it in another truck when you switch trucks. Most of the trucks are newer and I have not seen one dirty inside or out. They are well maintained. Mine still had the plastic on the mattress if I remember right. I use a memory foam mattress that I put on top of the original.

They will fly you or when I went back they was going to fly me to madison to get a truck. I just opted to ride with another driver to that area so I didn't have to mess with customs. All in all they are a good co. The best I have ever driven for. I have had a few issues with some of the CSR's on getting me loads here lately, but nothing out of ordinary for trucking. They have been good to me and when I have needed something did their best to acomadate me. I came home empty with the plan of taking a week or so off, but might go back out next week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.