Max Freight Inc. /Northbrook, Illlnois ???

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SwampButt, Jun 21, 2011.

1. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

Mr swampbutt hasn't been around these parts in over two years... dont hold your breath waiting for a reply.

FAST123 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lumpy1

Lumpy1 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2016
    I've been here for 6 months now myself. Good company to run for. I get good miles (2900-3600) every week. I do get detention and layover after 2 hours. I started at. 40 and now am at .44 per mile. Get home when I want, run hard, money is good.... No combines.

4. The Handler

The Handler Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
    The people at Max Freight have good intentions however, they don't have any REAL knowledge of the trucking industry. The dispatchers are in Bulgaria and they tell you what to do and when to do it. They don't have any trucking knowledge and drivers will never meet them. The loads are scheduled and dispatched from the Northbrook IL office to everyone's truck without any choice of refusal. If a driver is leasing, they have you become your own company but they control every aspect of your business even home time. They run you tremendously and they force dispatch everything whether you want to do it or not as a lease driver. Your success or failure is in control of one person who dispatches the loads and they won't allow you to book your own freight. Remember, the dispatchers in Bulgaria have absolutely nothing to do with any loads being sent to your truck. Those people are nothing more than just "remote controllers" to ensure that the company's time and money isn't being wasted by drivers they have control over. To speak out against them or, refusal to accept or, be involved in a controlled environment and refusal to accept or, (as they severely misuse the term)"confirm" any load will be immediate grounds for terminating you or your lease, which is totally unfair and technically unlawful. Max Freight in my opinion can be a better company if they didn't choose to do things strictly THEIR way without any concessions being made to the drivers. You'll make fluctuated decent money, on THEIR terms, NOT YOURS. I am a driver with over 27 years of trucking experience, I have no reason to lie to anyone about anything concerning any carrier. "The truth will set you free." -John 8:32

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Reason for edit: In addition.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Bet they have elog now.

6. The Handler

The Handler Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2018
  7. 36750177

36750177 Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Sent in my resume and information for Company Driver position and they called back and said $0.55 cpm all miles empty or loaded, 2016 Freightliner Cascadias with refrig. all dry van loads. 2800 - 3000 mi a week. They didn't say anything about a weekly Escrow in case you abandoned their truck like other middle Eastern /Russian Polock conpanies out of the Chicago area are doing. I'm just wondering if it's worth my time & effort to go to Chicago to work for these clowns, I've got several companies here in Texas offering $ 0.50 cpm driving newer Kenworths. ????

8. BADBOY007

BADBOY007 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2018
    did you go

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.