Maxx Engines in International's.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Miami Trucker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Miami Trucker

Miami Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Miami,Fl.
    Are there any O/O's who have The Maxx ? in International's ?

I mean I see MORE and MORE of them with Low Miles,and near the $ 40's ! in Truck paper.

Which leads me to beleive that the Engines are Not very good ? If they are Practically giving them away for that price ! ?

I mean I see the Same International's with Cummins,and around the same Miles.....And they are $10,000-$ 20,000 More !

My Fleet manager told me NOT to get one,because he has not heard good things about them !

And the shop we go to does not work on them !.....But for the prices I see,it's getting hard to pass up on them.

I mean a Newer : 2010-2012 Pro star with a Maxx for Under $ 50,000,and Mies Under 500,000 !

Someone try to talk me out of that !......I really want a Cascadia,but they are Out of My Price Range !

Keep on Truckin ' !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Your assumptions are correct..run away...fast...

They are waiting on the next unsuspecting sucker (YOU!) to pick one up on a "sweet deal"

You do not want to mess with a Junkforce.

i almost quit my job as a company driver in 2010 because i was stuck in one that was so bad

low miles means 3/4 of its life was spent at the shop

stay away

I don't think they are CARB compliant for California either.

4. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
  5. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    The engines have problems like the Mercedes. The binders have wiring issues. The line is long at the dealer for service and many times they can't fix it.....

I know of a major fleet whom forced binder to take back over 100 units as they spent more time on the hook or in the shop than rolling.

Personally I loved my 14 until she showed her egr arse then the fight was on. It had a 475 Maxx / 10 and it was a horse, when it ran.....fortunately it was someone else's problem.....when it didn't.

loose_leafs and cabwrecker Thank this.
  6. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Don't do it. They are junk that's why they are almost giving them away....

7. korky

korky Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    AZ
    The engines are crap as well as the emissions system. Drive into the back lot of an International dealer where they park all the trucks waiting for service. You'll see a whole lot of Maxxforce equipped trucks waiting to get worked on.

Don't buy one. Go with the Cascadia or a Volvo

8. Scania man

Scania man Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    Maxxforce engines are based on MAN engines, total rubbish, stay well clear

9. Mooose

Mooose Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Sherwood Park,AB
    So buy one, we need some more interesting threads to read, maybe we'll all chip in for a box of Kleenex for you. I don't really care just make sure you pull off the road when you break down so your not in anyone's way.

10. crackinwise

crackinwise Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    I went and looked at an International with a rebuilt MaxForce engine. It had 20 miles on the rebuild so I thought this is a great deal...When I went to check it out and it had about 400k original miles on the odometer. The first thing that popped into my head was that was way to early for a rebuild so I did more research and EVERYONE I asked said run away from the MaxForce engines... Do some real research and youll find that the good deal on the truck will cost you more money in the long run.

11. stadingfarms

stadingfarms Bobtail Member

May 5, 2014
    il
    If you buy one good luck keeping the warn/check engine light off. Where I use to work had 6 and from the time they where delivered until they closed that terminal down the warn lights where on

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.