May mileage

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by puttinfordough, Sep 16, 2009.

1. puttinfordough

puttinfordough Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I've been with May for a year now. They are hiring and they also have drivers waiting on trucks depending on the city you will be based out of. If they feel you will be a good driver they will get you out quickly if not immediately, if you are waiting, move on, they've made the decision you just haven't accepted it yet.

Good company all around, have reduced layover to $52 after the first 24 hours but they are seriously cracking down on what qualifies. If you are dispatched a pre-plan load but it doesn't load for two days, no layover!!! That is how they beat you, you technically are under a load if you have a preplan load.

Biggest problem right now, avg 2000 miles weekly. How?:

(day 1) Load at shipper - loading takes 4 hours - trip is 700 miles, takes one day (600 miles - governed at 60 mph) (day 2) and approx two hours the next day - unloading takes 4 hours, dispatched next morning for load (day 3) at 14:00 (2:00 pm), loading takes 4 hours - trip is another 900 miles, (days 4 & 5) one day at 600 miles and another day at 300 miles, (day 6) unloads next morning - takes 4 hours unload - dispatched load for (day 7) loading next morning at 10:00 am - loading takes 2 hours - trip is 400 miles (which you get some or all in that day) - (day :cool: unloads 17:00 (5:00 pm) next day -

This has been a variation of my schedule for the last 3 months. So it SEEMS that you always have a load and are continually moving with no layover but you see how the days dissolve and then by the end of the week somewhere around 2000 miles give or take 150 depending on the week.

Is the same for 30 or s0 drivers I communicate with regularly at May and has been for the same time frame.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    And you call this a GOOD company? A good company realizes that with that kind of miles you have layover and pays you for it. They pay you for sitting weather you are under a pre-plan or not. If you have to wait you get layover.

4. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I haven't had those kind of issues, I've been running 48 for while and have been making pretty good miles. Had some days like that but few and far in between. I'm going back to 11 west for a while, don't know how long but I have an old flame who wants to see if we can see about working something out. She lives in Calif so I am hoping to be back there more often. But maybe you should try and get on the 48. Lot of freight moving there. Lots of good long runs.

5. HAULIN357

HAULIN357 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    one of my partners just did 13500 there with no problem ,but thats 48 state you wont see that if your doing local stuff (11 western or dry side)

6. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Haulin I assume the 13,500 was for the month. That is not bad. I am torn between May and another company. What is the mileage bonus?

7. HAULIN357

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    that was a month and thats rolloing with legal logs and all that,,like every job that everone has had before all you can say is better than some worst than others its whatever fits your deal..

8. HAULIN357

Nov 17, 2009
    STICKER PATCH AZ
    May starts there new guys out at 30 cents a mile where most what ive seen was 25- 28 cents a mile elsewhere..its always a roll of the dice..good ? bad ?? thats in the eye of the beholder..

9. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    hate to revive a 5 month old thread...but any recent input on mileage with May?
    From which terminal are you based?

10. xitman

xitman Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    I got almost 3300 in last week. That's from last Tuesday to this Tuesday. My DM is in Payette terminal. This week isn't so good so far. I got screwed with a repower I got.

11. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Are you Western 11?
    I just trained off in Brooks Thursday and should be getting a truck soon to run the W11.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.