may possibly be the most asinine, ridiculous, and stupid question of all times

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by born&raisedintheusa, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    This may possibly be the most asinine, ridiculous, and stupid question of all times. Is it possible to be "too clean" on a drug test?? If so, how??

Not too long ago, I actually came across an individual who, for the last 3 years, made it a practice of cleaning out his system by these methods:
    1) drinking enormous amounts of water and herbal teas to flush out his kidneys
    2) consuming lots of fruits, vegetables, and "roughage" foods to thoroughly clean out his intestinal system
    3) using enemas on a frequent basis to further thoroughly clean out his system
    4)
    consuming a lot of nutritional supplements to build up his immunity system, along with using a lot of garlic, onions, and elderberry extracts to clean out and purify his arteries and blood vessels

This individual mentioned to me that he told the examining doctor and nurse what he was doing for the last 3 years to prepare for the D.O.T. physical, to be able to drive OTR to all 48 states and Canada.
    The individual said that he did get a clean bill of health to get into a training program at a mega trucking company.

HOWEVER, according to the individual, the nurse made it a point to emphasize to the safety department what he had done to prepare for the D.O.T. physical, to get a clean bill of health from the doctor.
    The individual mentioned that the nurse really went out of her way to have him disqualified from ever getting a CDL, due to the fact that the individual also admitted that he was once a habitual drug user, (marijuana).
    The individual mentioned that the mega trucking company is "out to lunch" as to whether or not he will be accepted into the training program, due to "input" from the nurse.

My answer would be this:
    The applicant who is "too clean" on a drug test, (hair follicle or urine), would be ideal, vs. the applicant who shows up "dirty" on a drug test, (hair follicle or urine).
    Also, the applicant who spent 3 years thoroughly cleaning and purifying his body to meet D.O.T. standards, along with being HONEST enough to admit this, is really proving that he SERIOUSLY means business, and wants to succeed as an OTR truck driver, going to all 48 states and Canada.
    NOTE:
    The individual may have possibly given both the doctor and nurse too much unnecessary information, coming across as an individual trying to "game the system". It is really hard to say.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Is there any danger in too many enemas? I can’t seem to stop myself.. :)

not4hire, buddyd157 and Naptown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.