May Tomorrow

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by kw19791, Feb 3, 2009.

1. kw19791

kw19791 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Hayward,CA
    Well I got here on sunday drove up myself infact paying my own room and board ,my orientation is in the morn, if I dont pass the road test i will drive back home, Swift cancelled 3 orientations in the last month and a half
    if I fail I hope the trip was worth it, you gotta do what you gotta do!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yzfster

yzfster Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Orange County, CA
  4. kw19791

kw19791 Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Hayward,CA
    I passed the Driving and skills Test last tuesday, now Im waiting on a Trainer
    its now a week later,after i get a trainer I will be out 2 weeks, then I gotta wait for a Truck again,so I can Solo Out
    Ken

5. yzfster

yzfster Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    good job. were you in phx?? i was with my trainer for 13 days and all we did was run the phx to la loop. got a load up to brooks and I passed, 10days later i had a 379 longnose. its been a blast ever since. you will solo out on a truck they have up there, not your own.

6. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm on home time now and I've enjoyed working for May so far. There have been some crazy stuff, like getting a 400 mile load and 4 days to deliver it, lol. But I've been running pretty good.

7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    jedi, i hope you were able to do that in a day while rescheduling the delivery with your dm.

KH

8. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Tried to reschedule or deliver early on that one but was told nothing to go out, it was funny, thought after I made my drops they had something in about 2 hrs lol but hey I got to use my grill.

9. Nighthawk34

Nighthawk34 Light Load Member

May 3, 2009
    Salem, OR
    I am thinking about looking into driving for May... Just curios as to if they are worth it compared to the other options... Really don't want to go with Swift or CR and even though I've had a CDL for about 14 years I haven't driven in over 3 and 2 of the 3 companies I worked for are no longer around so noooo verifiable so gonna do the school thing again first. May is like one of my 1st choice just do to location (I live in Salem)... Any input would be great as far as miles, pay, benies, and hometime...

Thanks

10. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Well if you don't want to work for Swift, CR, ect ect then don't work for May. They are just another training company. You will be a number not a person. a warm body in there truck. If you don't like it they will re-place you with another warm body. They will tell you what ever they have to get you in a truck. A 60mph truck that crawls up the hills because they gutted it. A rolling road block. They will run you good at first then it will get really bad as they bring in more drives and make them happy because they have more drivers then freight. You would be better off working at Wal-mart then at May.

11. Nighthawk34

Nighthawk34 Light Load Member

May 3, 2009
    Salem, OR
    I don't really mind the rolling road blocks of trucks and used to crawlings up hills... my main thing is wondering if they have pretty good hometime if living in the Salem area along with decent pay.. I understand they may be a "training company" this part I don't mind beings that I have been out of driving for about 3 years and am semi-willing to deal with being in a number in a training company just to get current experience.. I'd really prefer a local gig but when the big guys aren't looking for much I can almost guarantee that a local isn't gonna want someone that has been out of the hot seat for 3 years....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.