May training

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Git_R_Done, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Git_R_Done

Git_R_Done Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Maricopa, Arizona
    I'm thinking about going to May but have a question or 2 about them I got prehired 4 months ago but declined so I could find a local job which was a bad idea when I talked to May they put me down for the southwest divison so my question is. if they put me down to do the southwest divison do I just train for the southwest or do I train all 48 then just do the southwest after training is complete? Is there any home time during training? thanks in advance for any answers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bowhunter3125

bowhunter3125 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    klamath falls Or
    that may all depend on what trainer they stick you with, some trainers will only stay in a region but some may do the 48. but theres a realy good chance it will be refer.

4. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    May does not have a southwest region.

The have what they call western 11 or the 48 state that is the only options you have.

5. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I start with May a week from this coming Monday, I am very excited, I'm a little nervous about next week, my backing skills are coming along slowly as well as my shifting skills, wish I had one more week to work on the shifting and backing. I think I'm going to do the Reefer Division to start with.

6. Git_R_Done

Git_R_Done Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Good luck Jedi. I haven't driven a truck since i graduated from my school in June and I'm worried about the test that may gives you when you start orientation if you can keep us updated while training I would like to know how it goes

7. southalabamatrucker

southalabamatrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2008
    mobile, alabama
    can anyone tell me if this company has you sitting for a long time? I am possibly going to work for them and was wondering if they make you sit a lot or if they keep you rolling

8. southalabamatrucker

southalabamatrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2008
    mobile, alabama
    also can anyone tell me about there pet policy or there rider policy thanks

9. mcconckey

mcconckey Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2008
    gilbert,az
    make sure you still know how to shift well or you will fail! the road test is not hard at all just drive to the letter of the law and shift well and you will be fine.only one backing ex.between barrels not to bad and you can use as many pull ups as you want just dont hit a barrel.good luck.they have been a good company to me so far

10. jedi_tev

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV

Thanks, I met a driver at the school who was sent back by May, he passed the school, but flubbed the drive test at May. So he's back. I don't know about Pheonix but I guess here they give you a road test on the first day which includes backing, then go from there. That's all I know, I'll try and keep you up on it.

11. jedi_tev

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV

No pets unfortunately, I already asked.:biggrin_2553:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.