May Trucking bunch a thugs.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by La Michael, Dec 28, 2018.

1. briantmiller137

briantmiller137 Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Salem,OH
    Another two bit big fleet that sends out a bunch of slow rolling road blocks on wheels. Pad their bottom line no matter how much traffic chaos they create. And people actually drive for them.

Western flyer and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I saw a May truck the other night on the highway obviously going 60-61.. the driver looked like he was about to fall asleep.

4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    My only dilemma is the trainers for these companies. I want to make sure I get someone willing to help me learn. May, Swift, WE, SNI, etc. I guess it doesn't really matter which because the trainers will probably be the same in all of them. At least Swift and SNI Urine/hair test I guess but which one has better trainers.. guess that doesn't matter since they're all megas.

I plan to do just 6 months - 1 year anyway just want to make sure I go with a company that won't ding my DAC or whatever it is I keep reading about. I'm looking closely at Western if anything because they will let me park the truck at home. May, Swift, SNI won't because they have a terminal nearby.

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Most things about this job is using common sense. I was a "trainer" years ago. I always felt like my main job was to teach the driver about the specific company processes related to how they wanted things done.

Time behind the wheel is essential, however, do you really want someone in the other seat critiquing every single move you make while you're driving?

Not saying that specific instruction isn't relevant, however, the broader experience comes with time and using your noggin' while you're behind the wheel ;-)

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I trained on occasion when I was at May. I got to hand pick who I took out when I chose to do it. I usually did it in the winter during the slow period.

I mainly focused on the business side (processes, Qualcomm, clock management, etc...). If I saw any glaring issues with their driving, I would point those things out. And, I ALWAYS made sure they learned how to chain.

Btw, have you checked out Central Oregon Truck Company? They’re a flatbed outfit.

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.