May Trucking bunch a thugs.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by La Michael, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Yep, couldn't agree more. If you need a break or a second chance, May might be your answer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    When I had 2 trucks way back, my best employee was a guy who did 8 yrs for murder. His buddy dirt napped a drug dealer & he was there so shared the pain.
    Hard worker & most importantly could do the job fast without claims. I told him the more efficient he was the more money he would make since we got paid by the stop With a wife & little daughter he was all about making money.
    Sadly a suit at my account had a problem with his tats (which he covered with long sleeves) & wanted me to get rid of him because he did not fit ther image. I refused & went to another account, remember Circuit City:(
    I worked at May too long ago to comment with anything but the fact that I worked at least 2yrs or more at 4 different OTR companies. My time at May Trucking ? 6mos to the day. 6 very long months.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Mtn Gal and mjd4277 Thank this.
  4. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    I get it Big and am willing to give anyone a second chance. but I'll be ###### if I will hire someone who sits in the drivers lounge and brags about just getting out of prison and how effed he is because of his poor situation. I am a pretty tolerant guy, but I have no room for bull swaggering thugs who brag about their transgressions. Yes I realize my wording is weird in this post, but I don't want to get flagged for speaking the way I normally would.

5. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    He La Michael....If you have no other options stick with it for 6 months. If you have other options, get the hell out of there. Been there done that.

6. PolkaTramp

PolkaTramp Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2018
    They can make tons of money driving. Especially long distance... Are owners from Ukraine?

7. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    I was a driver for May for 6 months before I entered a lease purchase contract. I completed two lease purchase contracts on time and got clear title to the truck in my name only both times. May Trucking is fair and honest in their business dealings. I would still be there but had to retire from getting severe night blindness. I was never in prison. I drove well over 30 years and know there are many crooks, thieves and cheater companies in the trucking business.

8. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    They have turned into a a second chance company like Cargo Trnsporters so it allows them to meep that pay down. I talked to a driver yhere that had been with the cimpan
    Are you still there? Are you experienced? If not try not to worry about everyone else, get you year or so of experience and move on.

9. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    my father was a navy diver
    he enlisted as a an E1 to get out of the coal mines
    his final tour as a commander O5 was aboard the Proteus at Guam
    he said was was conducting court martials for those involved in drug use and sales and it was a terrible experience
    i believe the OP is a troll
    i did not know anyones history at the 2 orientations i have been to

10. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Shhhhhhhhhh

mjd4277, 4mer trucker and bzinger Thank this.
  11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I was in the 49er truckstop in Sacramento in 1999. On the tv there was live feed from a news chopper. A May truck pulling a set if doubles was seen by undercover cops "allegedly" making a drug buy in front of a park in Stockton. Cop pulled him over right before he got back on I5, but when the cop got up on his running board he took off, dumping the cop in the ground, injuring him.
    He headed north on I5, local cops and CHP in hot pursuit. Well maybe not that hot. He stayed at 55 mph, mile after mile after mile. Out of Stockton, up through Sacramento. In heavy traffic, which was being cleared, more or less, by the many cops involved. After he got up past Woodland, they started throwing spike strips out. Tires punctured. Still he drove. Over 150 miles he drove with those sirens and flashing lights behind him. All the way up into Glenn County. 55 mph. Cops everywhere. Left steer throwing sparks, running on the rim. Finally he swerved to avoid another tack strip and the back trailer flipped on its side. Driver jumped out if the truck and ran. Not too far with all those cops there.
    Anyway, a bunch of us truck drivers sat there in the restaurant and enjoyed the whole thing. And to this day whenever I see or hear the name "May Trucking" that's the first thing I think about. I wonder if they hired that guy back.
    Read about it:
    CHP: I-5 trucker on coke

Rocknroller4, Mtn Gal, jeff18 and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.