May Trucking Company

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Woppin Wild, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Woppin Wild

Woppin Wild Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Ruskin, FL
    Does anybody know anything about this company? They seem good from their website, but I'll take that with a grain of salt. They also hire inexperienced drivers which is good for me. It looks like from where I live that it's reefers only, which I'm ok with. Hopefully someone has some information. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CITASTUKE

CITASTUKE Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2007
    tacoma, wa
    Before I start tearing this company up let me just say some companies work for some, some don't. When I started for May trucking back in March of '06 i had already had a horrible experience with Werner Ent. So when I found May in the paper the starting cpm appealed to me. I went through orientation and everything was fine. I got a awesome trainer and that was great. I worked 2 months under the dry division which is the 11 western. I decided I wanted to expand my self by going reefer and it was down hill from there. Ok now for the bad.
    Poor maitenance on the trucks. Most of the mechanics cant work on peterbuilts when the 80% is petes , forced dispatch, having to drive while sick. Dispatcher calling my cell screaming at me 3 or more times a day. I turned off my cell. General neglect, low miles, I was required to pay for my idle time in the desert at 130 degrees and they do take it from your paycheck. They will run you weather your sick, tired, or want to go home but half that time you will be sitting with noooo loads . They will yell at you even if you have been out on the road 5-6 months (experience talking). The rider polocy was a joke they will rip your hind end out of you checks if you smoke 50 dollars a week rider policy is 115 dollars monthly and dont event think of the health insurance thatll be another 250 a month on top of this you get taxes and idle time taken out. they claim and open door policy but one of the yards actually has bullet proof glass. to protect the dispatcher from you the driver.

4. Woppin Wild

Woppin Wild Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Ruskin, FL
  5. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co

Sounds like my old dispatcher but she just started not too long ago being a dispatcher. I had to just quit answering mine if it was unknow number.

6. HankSterling

HankSterling Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace,FL
    Ever think it may be you that was the problem. Ive heard nothing but good things about MTC. You are the first person to rip them. Ive even found a guy on here that they fired that had nothing but good things to say.

So to the original Poster. Do A LOT of research. Consider the source of these posts, and dont take them all as gospel!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.