May Trucking from the start

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by jml2007, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Froglipz

Froglipz Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Hey Steve, have a drink on me! hope to see ya tommorrow, Im in brooks tonight....
    Just picked up the Yumakid today, what a great guy, hes gonna do well, I can tell already great attitude!! Will intro when you get here... Have a great one guys and truck on!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dewboy

Dewboy Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Oregon
    Haven't checked in for awhile. I did get through my training. Think I made my trainer laugh too much though. lol. Did great on my solo test on the 20th, and am waiting for my rig, still. They told me it could be a couple weeks, and I talked to Carol on tuesday, and she said about another week. Giving me time to get things together though. Thanks Kermit for giving that list to my trainer to send to me. It's a good starting point for things to bring. (although, I have added quite a few more things) Look forward to getting back on the road, and meeting even more drivers. Love it! I will keep waiving to all my fellow May drivers!

4. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az

It was a pleasure meeting you, even tho short. I hope your having a blast hanging with Kermit! Look forward to running into you again, this time perhaps we can talk shop over a meal! Safe running brother trucker

5. TripleSober

TripleSober Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I know this threads a little out dated but it brought up some questions I have...

Its going to be pretty painful (financially) to make it through the $350 a week training however I understand the training will be needed and worth it. What happens after your ready to go solo and your sitting in limbo waiting on your own truck? Do you still get the $350 a week? That would be an awful situation for me because by the time I get to that point I'll desperately need to get the wheels rolling to make some money.

Just curious as it sounds like thats likley or possible to happen no matter what company I go to work for.

6. jml2007

jml2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2009
    AZ Desert
    I don't think you do get paid for waiting. If you are lucky though you will go to yard to test out where there are a few empty trucks sitting around. I know my teacher helped set up the whole thing from getting off his truck and into my own. Good luck.

7. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Talk to someone your DM or area manager.

8. ghosttown

ghosttown Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hello JML2007. I have read your posts and I'm convinced about going with May. I'm new to the industry but want to work, badly. I'm here in Phoenix and in the middle of my schooling AIT. This is so much more fun than sitting in a cube trying to sell life insurance to people who don't need it. Any tricks to getting hired with May? Before I submit an on-line application I would like to know if May has a "mission statement" or business practice for their employees to follow or already have in them before hiring?
    Thanks,
    Ghost Town PHX, AZ

9. TripleSober

TripleSober Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I didn't see a mission statement however there is a quality statement. LOL

We are committed to quality performance.
    As an organization, and as individuals, we will continually seek out the specific needs of those who depend on us.
    We will then consistently satisfy those needs by doing everything right the first time.

10. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas

I wish some people could live by that!

11. ghosttown

ghosttown Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thank you
    I'll will see you on the Road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.